Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driv3r

I've never played any of the driver games (never owned a ps or ps2) but everyone says they're fun...does anyone know if they're eventually planning Driv3r for pc as well? I could'nt find anything about that. and is it really good? or just another one of the "playstation kid's" lies?
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

2. Games   -   #2
    as far as i know it should be out for pc sometime arouns sept. 20.

3. Games   -   #3
    :mrburnsexcellent:

good to know, is it goood? I know it came out, I guess I might rent it for xbox , maybe.
    "If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" -old Irish wisdom

4. Games   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by Titus808@21 June 2004 - 15:37
    :mrburnsexcellent:
    the other drivers werent too bad "Driv3r does look pretty good

5. Games   -   #5
    Can you get guns in this one? Driver 2 was sweet. My favorite thing was to take a Limo and jump random things in vegas.

6. Games   -   #6
    no you cant get any weapons in driver 1

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by hi_what_is_up!@22 June 2004 - 01:04
    Can you get guns in this one? Driver 2 was sweet. My favorite thing was to take a Limo and jump random things in vegas.
    yes u can get guns in driv3r
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

8. Games   -   #8
    ah i tought he was talkin about driver 1

9. Games   -   #9
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    seirosuly Driver 2 was the bomb considering it was on Playstation. But Now We have the GTA 3 And Vice City!!! which blows Driver Series away!!

10. Games   -   #10
    damn..i was looking forward to gettin this but the reviews on amazon say that it isnt all that.

Waste of Money, June 23, 2004
    Reviewer: A gamer from London
    I looked forward to buying this game ever since I found out it was being made, and after recieving my copy last saturday I stuck the disk in and started playing.........I have never been so dissapointed by a game in my life! This game is everything that is wrong with developers nowadays, they rush games because they know that they wil sell no matter how bad the game actually is.For a start the frame rate is diabolical to say the least for an Xbox game, the AI is non existant, the cops are so retarded it's almost realistic........errr...I meant laughable, they can be standing on the opposite side of a car and still keep firing despite the fact that they cant hit you.

during the first 30 mins i managed to get stuck in a lampost, drop through the road into a giant black hole and I watched a policmen come back from the dead after pumping god knows how many bullets into his head...... the ammount of bugs in this game is absolutely pathetic.

the on foot action is rubbish, it takes 2 buttons just to walk,and even then you end up walkng sideways. the aiming is awful and the weapons are bland. the driving is not muc better, the cars are slow as hell and the pop-up scenery causes untold amounts of problems - you could b driving along a clear road (there are no cars in this game)and all of a sudden a giant lorry will pop up right in front of you. I could carry on slating this game, but as you can only use 1000 words id best stop, please ignore all the advertising and dont buy this game.

not as good as expected, June 23, 2004
    Reviewer: d_billups from rotherham, s yorks United Kingdom
    Having had driver 1 and 2 on the old PS1 i was looking forward to Driv3r. However having played it for a few hours i do have a few comments to make.

My first is that it is a long time since i've played a game with such a lot of 'pop up'. This was evident on the PS1 with the first two games, but should we really see it on the Xbox? The graphics themselves aren't terrible but they are nowhere near the standard of PGR2, Halo or even the newly released rallisport challenge. The game itself is VERY similar to the old driver 2 but just with better graphics and so because i enjoy this type of game i will probably put up with the substandard graphics.

Secondly, I am amazed there are no 2 player games on driv3r. The ommision of xbox live is bad enough, but when you can't even play the additional driving games split screen with pals this is too much. YOU COULD DO THIS ON THE PS1 WITH DRIVER 2. Why not with this game on the mighty xbox?

errible - don't waste your hard earned cash, June 23, 2004
    Reviewer: Mad Jack McMad from ****ENGLAND****
    Like a lot of gamers, I've been waiting with eager anticipation for this game. And, like True Crime, was expecting a GTA beater. What a dissapointment!!! Yet another triumph of hype over quality. The cities and cars look great, but the game is full of bugs - at one point a car I was chasing just dissapeared through a wall!! The AI is appalling, pedestrians look like stick men drawn by a six year old, the cars have no sensation of speed whatsoever and the handling resembles some form of uncontrollable jelly on wheels. I just can't believe the cheek of Atari releasing this trash.
    And ,Amazon, PLEASE do something about reviews being written before a game has been released.

u see a pattern emerging. oh well, guess just got to wait till gta:san-andreas comes out
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast