Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Still Linking To Scamware,

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by namzuf9+21 June 2004 - 23:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 @ 21 June 2004 - 23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1@22 June 2004 - 00:40
    Why don;t you email google and complain to them about the scams that they are advertising.

I tried to delete a bunch of the scams, but new ones keep popping up.

Brian
    In all fairness Mr. B, Google run a search engine, you run a free fillesharing board. Its your problem not Googles&#39;. Have you tried e-mailing Google yourself?
    Consider this; A newb to filesharing comes here and sees a link that you host on the index page that says "legal filesharing" or "get legal for only &#036;19.95" You make a small amount for that advert (per click? I dont know on this) but the newb may lose almost &#036;20.
    Do you think that is right? [/b][/quote]
    namzuf9, why don&#39;t you go and pay, for one month, the FST board costs, then I am sure Brian would consider removing those scam adds during that month, if you shoulder the costs for a year, he might even make you co-admin.

It&#39;s no use just complaining. You need also to come with a solution to the problem. Perhaps the board could advertise Tupperware products....

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Well it seems there is no intention by admin to get rid of these ever as it appears to be the only way to generate decent revenue while fking some noobs, I guess the only other alternative admin has is...

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    ....sell it to ad-lib?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Yeah, maybe a disclaimer stating never pay for a p2p program or some such in red directly under the ads?

Otherwise, I am with nigel123. If your not gonna pay to support the site then move on to another problem you may actually be willing to help with

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 June 2004 - 01:30
    Rookie, put, in large writing, THESE SITES ARE SCAMS&#33; PLEASSE CLICK THE LINK, BUT DON&#39;T BUT THE PRODUCT.

something like that, you want people to click teh links, but don&#39;t want them to get ripped off...
    I wouldn&#39;t even click the link to the scam sites, as getting more hits would only encourage the owners of the scam sites to do it even more. If people refuse to give in to the scamsters, hopefully they will pack up and go away.

I would say, only click on the ads which lead to genuine sites. Then filesharingtalk would still be funded.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Site Owner
    Ok I&#39;ll put a warning by the ads.

I wouldn&#39;t even click the link to the scam sites, as getting more hits would only encourage the owners of the scam sites to do it even more. If people refuse to give in to the scamsters, hopefully they will pack up and go away.

I would say, only click on the ads which lead to genuine sites. Then filesharingtalk would still be funded.
    Actually clicking the ads for the scams costs them money, so it might not be a bad idea.

Brian :-)

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Warning: Do not pay for file sharing. Anyone who charges is a scam&#33;
    That&#39;s a good idea but again adds to the overall height of the display area. Please think about the 800x600 users.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Site Owner
    Virtual....

Do you have a better suggestion?

I can&#39;t make everyone happy :-(

Brian

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Let &#39;em scroll, or let &#39;em pay

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Do you have a better suggestion?
    For a start, take a look at the suggestion from REALITY here:

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1047503

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast