Thread: Questions About My Shared Folder

mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Hi,
    Windows XP Home

I just completed downloading and installing K-Lite 2.6 RC22
    (upgraded from KL++ 2.4.3)

Question 1
    My first trial download attempt went ok except the final destination of the download did not go into "My Shared Folder" but into the "K-Lite" default Folder.
    I'd like to create a path to a separate Shared Folder just for Downloads.

How can I redirect completed Downloads into a new Shared Folder?
    I don't see any way of creating a new path.

I've looked through the setup and FAQ's but don't see anything addressing this issue.

Question 2
    I have some incomplete Downloads (.dat files) left in KL v2.4.3.
    Can I move these to v2.6 to be completed? If so, how can I do this please?
    I tried to follow the instructions on moving .dat files but was not successful.

Thanks for any help,
    mrlessk

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Right next to the weapons of mass destructions
    Answer to question 2: Go to c:document and settings/allusers/applicationdata/kazaa/db and delete everything in that folder. Then put you dat files in the shared folder and restart kazaa. That should do it. And for questions # 1 you can change the destination folder by going to options in kazaa. Sorry i cant be specfic because i do not use that version but that is how you normally change the destination folder. Hope this helps.

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'> &quot;Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye......THEN its a sport&#33;&#33;&quot;
    - danyj</span></span></span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by danyj+21 June 2004 - 18:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danyj &#064; 21 June 2004 - 18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Answer to question 2: Go to c:document and settings/allusers/applicationdata/kazaa/db and delete everything in that folder. Then put you dat files in the shared folder and restart kazaa. That should do it. And for questions # 1 you can change the destination folder by going to options in kazaa. Sorry i cant be specfic because i do not use that version but that is how you normally change the destination folder. Hope this helps.[/b]

Thanks for your reply danyj.

I was just coming back to this thread to post what I did when I saw your reply.

I was able to kill two birds with one stone.

Somehow I managed a successful outcome by going to Program Files&#092;K-Lite>(enable)K-Lite Configuration Wizard and change the Download destination Folder to the old Shared Folder I used in the replaced (2.4.3) version.
    (Had I paid closer attention during the initial setup I would have done it then)

When I changed the path, it also activated the .dat files that were in that Folder and the incompleted downloads are now in-progress in the new version.

<!--QuoteBegin-danyj

you can change the destination folder by going to options in kazaa.[/quote]
    Yep, I tried that but in this version of KL (2.6) the Options only show where the Shared Folder is located but not any way to change the path (as far as I could see anyway). Only in the Config Wizard was I able to do this.

So, problem(s) solved....
    Quite by accident I assure you, I&#39;m not that technically savvy but, I&#39;m learning.

Thanks again,
    mrlessk