Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Count & Members' Ranks

DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Post Count

· If you post in the Off-topic or Request sections of this board (Lounge and Funny Stuff, Worlds (Requests areas) the posts will not count.

· Posts will count in all the other board rooms, beside the ones referred above.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #102
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    see I was right see the Worlds part

then it says post wil not count of the above

Im always right

If you post in the Off-topic or Request sections of this board (Lounge and Funny Stuff, Worlds (Requests areas) the posts will not count.
    as said above look!!!

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #103
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Err ...NO! It means the requests section which is inside the worlds.....but other stuff in the world does count, just not the requests part.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #104
    TALLAH1987
    Originally posted by DataMore@18 March 2003 - 23:19
    If you're going to start posting in this forum, then there are a couple of things you should know about posts.

Post Count

· If you post in the Off-topic or Request sections of this board (Lounge and Funny Stuff, Worlds (Requests areas) the posts will not count.

· Posts will count in all the other board rooms, beside the ones referred above.

Members' Ranks

Whenever you achieve a certain number of posts, your rank, as a member, will change.

· Members' Normal Ranks:

Newcomer = 0 - 74 posts (1 star)

Member = 75 - 999 posts (3 stars)

Sr. Member = 1000+ posts (5 stars)

If you want, you can always edit your member title by going to 'My Controls' > 'Edit Profile info' > 'Custom member title' or simply click here.
    You can change it to whatever you like, but please don't use any kind of foul language or any other offensive or insulting remarks.

· Special Ranks (these have nothing to do with the number of posts. They are given by this board administrators):

Administrators (5 red stars)

Forum Host (5 platinum stars)

Global Moderators (5 blue stars)

NOTE: Please do not spam in order to get more posts and thus, a higher rank. If you do that, you will be breaking this forum's 5th rule:
    "Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible."
    B)

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #105
    Out of The Ordinary
    Thanks for bringing this up I'll edit that post soon
    DataMore is no longer with Us?

Edit: Updated

BOT

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #106
    q2000
    Originally posted by Curley@18 March 2003 - 18:32
    I wonder if it would be possible to email all newbies this when they first sign up......
    Good Idea... I just happen to come across this while searching for something else... I'm a Brandy Dandy Newby... and I'm not very good at hitting the FAQ and R ules sections... atleast right away

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #107
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    wouldn't bother most ppl just use their spam email account and dont bother to read it

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #108
    Bah, post whores are retards. One thing I hate is to come to a forum, to see 10,000 replies, every other post, of some dude saying "Yup, I agree."

Many forums have a "max characters in a reply" feature. If I designed a forum I would be more concerned about "minimum characters in a reply." I like to see detail of posts, not quanity. Post counts would definately be disabled, either you're assigned a special rank by the admin for not being a retard or you're banned for talking too much.

Take me for example, I am here like 3 times a week, most the time I remain anonymous in users online and read what other, more knowledgable people have to say. I am not sure what my post count is but if it's not under 25 than it's under 50 for sure, I am sure that'll change after about 10 years, and the post whore's counts will just read as "a bunch" or whatever the text is when it gets too high for the layout to feel comfortable with it, by then everyones desktop resolution will be 4 times what it is today and there will most likely be some sort of SVG font that auto-adjusts to match the screen. and I'll be a "member" instead of a "new commer".

I don't like post whores, or forums that don't have "delete all posts by user" features to eliminate stupidity. Everyone who posts should put some effort into it, rather than "tuyping asfast as they csan so tehy can move on to the next topic ans whore it too!!!1."

Now I know that this post is flamebait to someone who "yupped" his way to a high post count, but who do you think the MODERATORS respect? The guys with 10,000 who ensure that they have to delete posts 24/7 because of "Yup." Or the other guys who have 2000 posts, each one containing a wealth of knowledge and information.

I am not the wealth of knowledge, but I try to bring what little I do know to these forums, along with some humor to back it up.

As the old saying goes:
    - A wise man speaks when he has something to say, a fool speaks when he has to say something.

I am no fool, but I had to say something in this particular case. Now I just hope that someone has something intelligent to say rather than "yup" or "you suck".

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #109
    TDO
    maybe i shouldn't reply being new and all and seeing how the general feeling about new people is the same but whats wrong with questions? i posted a few that some people found stupid and had some pretty ugly answers to but others just answered and it realy helped me. i read the faq i read the rules i read everything but sometimes it just doesn't answer it or sometimes the answer i get is easier to understand. i was thinking about asking a question but reading these makes me not want to because it might be considered "stupid" maybe they should open a stupid questions board for new people like me

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #110
    Would it be possible for a mod to "fine" a post whore (I like that term) by removing some of his post count.
    50 gone for a first offence, 100 for a second, up to losing the lot for persistent offenders. The threat of resumed newbie status might curtail the activities of some of the worst offenders.

That would mean that we, the members, would be able to trust the post count as some sort of rank and know that an answer given by a high count member was likely to be helpful. Currently I'm seeing good sensible posts from relative newbies and a lot of junk from some longer-term members who should know better.

Any comments? And no spam please.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast