Thread: -need Help Burning A Game-

Ive just downloaded a game (not from k-lite cos it aint on there yet) and it was a .rar file so I used WinRar to extract it into a folder and now I hav extracted it , it isnt a .bin and a .cue file like I expected it to be but it is several files (27 to be exact)
    which are called : flt-jpog.001
    and there 27 of these files with numbers going up to 27 for the file endings
    and another file called a SFV file....... now Im totally confused and dont know what to do with this...... plz help!!

2. Games   -   #2
    imported_jamesandpie
    not a noob eh? those 27 files are the files that contain the game, that .SFV file is the archive that has the information to extract the data from those other files. You need the program "Easy SFV Creator" to extract the data from those files with numbers. You shouldnt need to do each file manually, just open your .SFV file with the program and extract to another folder. You can then delete these files as you wont need them once its installed. Btw what game is it? if its a fair light release it must be pretty good, hope your sharing it on the fasttrack network!

http://download.com.com/3000-2160-6660481....tml?legacy=cnet

3. Games   -   #3
    imported_jamesandpie
    not a noob eh? those 27 files are the files that contain the game, that .SFV file is the archive that has the information to extract the data from those other files. You need the program "Easy SFV Creator" to extract the data from those files with numbers. You shouldnt need to do each file manually, just open your .SFV file with the program and extract to another folder. You can then delete these files as you wont need them once its installed. Btw what game is it? if its a fair light release it must be pretty good, hope your sharing it on the fasttrack network!

4. Games   -   #4
    imported_jamesandpie

5. Games   -   #5
    Ive got the CD creator thing and It verified the files and told me they were ok and it has created the SFV file
    so do I burn the image to CD using this new SFV file??

6. Games   -   #6
    imported_jamesandpie
    sorry about so many posts, my browser is screwing up bigtime

7. Games   -   #7
    imported_jamesandpie
    You dont need to write anything to a cd, its not a .bin or .iso. What you need to do is use that program and extract the files in that folder to another folder. I dont know exactly how to extract the files because i dont have the program, but i know that your supposed to open then .SFV and then extract! It may help if you tell me what game your talking about so then i can download it and help you!

8. Games   -   #8
    nice one!.. the game is jurassic park : project genesis (FLT) but I got it off mIRC though , I dont know ......do you use it??

9. Games   -   #9
    Its OK now no need to help anymore.... Ive sorted the problem out Thanks for the help it's appreciated.... Ill be posting the game in the verifieds later on

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by gal@20 March 2003 - 15:15
    like everybody....
    what do u mean??? are you questionning whether I will post it on the forum I cant now cos Im not at home