Thread: Kazaa "has Encountered A Problem And...."

mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    HI,
    Windows XP Home
    IE6/Firefox 0.8
    K-Lite 2.6 RC22 (upgraded from 2.4.3)
    KZN 1.4.8

Within the past few days I've upgraded from version KL++ 2.4.3 to KL 2.6 RC22.

Certainly we all want our systems to be as clean and trouble-free as possible so, to that end regarding the upgrade, I'm trying to get answers to developing issues as I continue to use the Program.

So far, you folks have been very helpful in answering my questions and giving solutions regarding glitches and issues I have come across.
    Here are two more.....

First, I get this message upon "Exiting" the Program.....

It's easy enough to click on "Close" but I'm wondering if there is something I could do to avoid this.

Question would be..."what could be the problem that KMD has encountered?"
    I wouldn't think this is normal behavior and I did not receive this error with my older version KL 2.4.3.

Secondly, perhaps just coincidental with the new install, my system (Windows XP Home) is now experiencing
    "Slow Internet Performance"...Bandwidth Down of 27Kbits/s... (about 50% of what it should be [56k]).

NOTE: I (unfortunately ) presently use a Dial-up connection so I need all the bandwidth my system can muster.....

Any suggestions, comments or ideas?

NOTE: I have completed (a couple of) Spybot, Ad-aware and Norton AV scans since the upgrade, along with using SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard and no problems are being found.

Thanks much,
    mrlessk

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filesharinghelp.com
    About the error... click on "click here" for more information, and post that... might help

I dont think anything with k-lite could drastically reduce your bandwidth. Have you installed or changed anything else recently? If not try disabling your HOSTS file... might make a small difference, doubt it would be 50% of your bandwidth though . Maybe your ISP is having problems?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    How come your bandwidth up is 67 Kbits/sec if you're on a 56k?

Perhaps you need to limit upload bandwidth/speed in Kazaa to 3 KB/sec (or 4 KB/sec if on a v.92 56k modem and very good line)?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Lite+24 June 2004 - 13:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite &#064; 24 June 2004 - 13:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>About the error... click on "click here" for more information, and post that... might help&nbsp;
    I dont think anything with k-lite could drastically reduce your bandwidth. Have you installed or changed anything else recently? If not try disabling your HOSTS file... might make a small difference, doubt it would be 50% of your bandwidth though&nbsp; . Maybe your ISP is having problems?[/b]

Have you installed or changed anything else recently?
    No, the major change was just upgrading to the new version 2.6.

Here&#39;s a screen-shot of that "click here " info....
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/44474/KMsScreenPrint1.png' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Continued.....
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/44474/KMDZAServerMWSnapedit.png' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Originally posted by Switeck@
    How come your bandwidth up is 67 Kbits/sec if you&#39;re on a 56k?
    I have no idea. I just relied on the results of a Bandwidth test that&#39;s part of a complete diagnosis test at www.pcpitstop.com

Here&#39;s the result of a test I just completed today:

Note that Bandwidth Up/Down have dropped some from the other test I posted but of course it varies all the time depending on all the variables involved. (For example, this time I did have my Firefox 0.8 browser open while the Pitstop test was being run on my IE6).

To answer a question you might have now that I&#39;ve said that....normally, when using K-Lite for downloading and sharing I try to have any other unnecessary Programs or Browsers closed.
    Also, (per their instructions) in order for Pitstop to run the Bandwidth and Ping test I close my ZoneAlarm Firewall for the duration of the test.

<!--QuoteBegin-Lite

Maybe your ISP is having problems?[/quote]
    I checked with my ISP (MSN) and they told me that the lines are working correctly and that any problem may be within my computer (lol...M&#036; passing the buck as usual).

I ran a Modem test on my Windows XP Home OS and "the modem is working properly" and no problem was found.

Again though, KL seems to be working ok. I have been getting download speeds of around 5.00 KBs at times. So, it&#39;s just the mystery of getting that message that "KMD has encountered a problem and must close".

To reiterate, I understand the limitations of having Dial-up and the slow speeds associated with it so, no complaints about that.
    I&#39;ll upgrade to Broadband or DSL at some point in the future but, for now, it&#39;s what I have to work with.

Thanks again for your attention,
    mrlessk