Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cordless Keyboard And Mouse

Hi, i am thinking of buying cordless keyboard and mouse, but they need batteries to run.

Do u know how long batteries last in the keyboard and mouse.

I am concerned that I would keep on putting new batteries in the keyboard and mouse and that would be very expensive in the long run.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I just ordered, form tigerdirect.ca, a Logitech Cordless Optical mouse; chea one, only 35.99 canadian. Supposedly the batteries should last 2 months with "normal usage," meaning about 2 weeks of my usage lol.

So what im gonna do is buy two pairs of Ni-MH batteries, have one in teh mouse while teh other charges, then every week or two i will switch pairs, so i never agani need to buy more batteries.

Then there are teh more expensive cordless mice, the MX700 has a chrger built into the receiver base, you put the mouse onto teh base and it charges. Just do that whenever u aren't using computer. I tihnk these mice are about 80 american...

For keyboards, doesn't really matter too much, the batteries should last a long time on a keyboard.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks for the reply, ROSSCO_2004.

Can u explain why batteries in keyboard will last more than the mouse.

How many hours a day do u use ur mouse

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    get rechargable batteries.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by reminder@24 June 2004 - 15:13
    thanks for the reply, ROSSCO_2004.

Can u explain why batteries in keyboard will last more than the mouse.

How many hours a day do u use ur mouse
    Keep in mind, i ahven&#39;t got my wireless mouse yet, so i do not know how long the batteries last.

Umm, i think they would last longer becuase they have a lot less work to do...a mouse has to send like over 200signals per second to the receiver base, and keep the little optical light going (cordlss ones have power saving options though, so after a while they slow down the light flashes and the signal sending).

All a keyboard has to do is keep teh numlock&#092;cpaslock lights on and to send a signal to the receiver when a key is pressed...much less than a mouse, imo.

that, and my friend who bought one a month or two ago has had the batereies run out twice already in the mouse, but never in teh keyboard

how many hours do i use my mouse a day? depends, just got out o school, on a school day i use it probably about 2 hours ro 3 hours a day on average, now that it is summer
    ill be using it a lot more...probably like 5 or 6 hours...

lol i gotta stop using my comp so much, thos enumbers are probably a lot higher

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    i got a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.

Bought it about 2-3 months ago
    Didn&#39;t have to change the batteries in my keyboard yet.
    But the mouse on the other hand
    Have to change those batteries every 2-3 weeks.

Keyboard batteries lasts longer because it doesn&#39;t have a red light thingy like the optical mouse that keeps on flickering like a freakin&#39; strobo (even when you&#39;re not using it.)
    They should&#39;ve given it a &#39;on&#39; and &#39;off&#39; switch

hmm...asspie

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Filliz@24 June 2004 - 15:23
    They should&#39;ve given it a &#39;on&#39; and &#39;off&#39; switch
    Oen of the things i can&#39;t understand is really, why didn&#39;t they give it a on off switch?

dumb ideas these people have, lets make it a strobe light, people will thank us for giving them seizures and needing to buy batteries every 2-3weeks

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I have been using a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite set for nearly three months.
    I&#39;ve replaced the mouse batteries once, the keyboard is still plugging along on the originals.
    Doesn&#39;t seem to be a terrible battery hog, but then again, I&#39;m not a prolific as some of ya&#39;ll.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Well what about the corless mice with a base recharger where you just put the mouse in it&#39;s "hole" when you not on the comp and then it charges?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Duffman3@24 June 2004 - 18:55
    Well what about the corless mice with a base recharger where you just put the mouse in&nbsp; it&#39;s "hole" when you not on the comp and then it charges?
    Logitech MX 900 Bluetooth Optical Mouse

Logitech MX700 Cordless Optical Mouse

Both of these mouses include the base charger, and are both wireless. The 900 being teh better of the two mice, plus i think it looks a bit better than the 700.

and here is my mouse that i ordered, should be coming tommorrow or next week, hopefully ...i know it&#39;s a cheap one, don&#39;t really care though cuase if it isn&#39;t good ill go back to my wired optical mouse and give this to my dad or sister.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast