Thread: Its The Boot Disc, But Wont Boot

Poster
    I have my bios so the only boot is CD rom drive, i put the windows corp drive in and it says windows cant start properly 20 secs till normal windows start up then it starts xp home how do i get it to boot, i think its startin as home cause thats whats on it now

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Champ@24 June 2004 - 22:21
    I have my bios so the only boot is CD rom drive, i put the windows corp drive in and it says windows cant start properly 20 secs till normal windows start up then it starts xp home how do i get it to boot, i think its startin as home cause thats whats on it now
    u sure you set cdrom to boot before hard drive?

and why u keep making new threads, might as well keep it all in one thread...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i just cleared the hdd with the windows reinstall disc i had, so nothin on it, i instert the disc i burned by double clicking the cd image, which brought up easy cd creator to create a cd

the computer said please restart and select proper boot drive or
    insert proper boot media and press any key

so insert it and it pressa key and same message pops up, so i do it again... same message restart, same message

any ideas?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You lost me

Ok bios set to boot from cd rom drive.

put in cd, restart, computer asks to press a key to boot from cd (wiht a time limit), press one, setup starts, choose to format partition, continue installing, it restarts and just leave it let it startup on its own (ie dont press a key this time) and it should install...

What part are you stuck at?

you did burn the image to cd didn't you

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    yeah burned image to cd

one catch to what u have: i can do that with my xp home from dell, there is no time limit with the other it says exactly what i put, it never goes to set up

with my home edition, it says with the time limit then sets up, just not with the others

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Try doing some funky stuff by letting the computer set the primary master, slave etc.
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!