Thread: Moden/router

blank BT Rep: +1
    how can i reset my router to factory settings if i can get to 192.168.1.1

each time i go to this, it crashes and resets the connection.

by the way the reason i am trying to do this, is that when i am connected using usb my internet works, but when i use wi-fi it doesnt, so am thinking i have blocked all wireless connections

anyway of doing this as my isp is useless and doesnt understand what i am saying
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    anyone?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    im not shure how to reset the router if you can get to the specified ip. does your router have a reset button on the back of it? i have a NETGEAR 614v2 router and on the netgear site under the support section it tells several ways of resetting to factory settings. a little more info would help. like what kind of router it is ect..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    no worries. have done it now. no it didnt have a reset button and i simply randomly pressed things until it worked!! lol dont ask.

bitch is i now got to forward my ports again, not to mention re-install windows and evreything else for the second time in 24 hours

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I can't believe it. You want help with your specific router yet you don't mention a make or model.

my isp is useless and doesnt understand what i am saying
    No wonder. Your question is very unclear. Read it again yourself to see what I mean.

Then you wait 20 minutes and post again because nobody answered?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@25 June 2004 - 12:37
    I can't believe it. You want help with your specific router yet you don't mention a make or model.

my isp is useless and doesnt understand what i am saying
    No wonder. Your question is very unclear. Read it again yourself to see what I mean.

Then you wait 20 minutes and post again because nobody answered?
    no my isp knows exactly what router i am using. they have it all on record as its part of a package.

neway i have done it now so pretty pointless ur post except spamming and having a flame at someone.

all i wanted to know was whether there was a program i could use to do it. I had already re read and read again the manual, search google etc, so coming on here was pretty much a last resort.

so it wouldnt have mattered what router i was using, i wanted a simple yes or no. Then i would have asked more. But as the only other way seems to be using a reset button, which mines doesnt have, then i was lucky i worked it out by myself.

and yes i posted again after 20 mins, cos usually i am in software world and ppl reply in minutes..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    and yes i posted again after 20 mins, cos usually i am in software world and ppl reply in minutes..
    This is Hardwareworld, and it is customary here to post specs and OS when asking a question, out of making sense and showing a minimum of respect to people who will take time to help you. And then wait for replies.

neway i have done it now so pretty pointless ur post except spamming and having a flame at someone.
    As I am the mod here, it's my job to point this out to you. I reminded you to post the specs, but you seem to believe that you are above that.

Considering your problem is solved (even if accidentally), I am closing this topic.