Thread: Xplite V2

does ne1 ere kw wat r the things tat r safe to remove fm the advanced components? coz i uninstalled everything wit M$ on it n my dial-up connection disappeared n wen i tried to set it up, i clicked next n nuthing happened. i reinstalled everything except the M$ 1s n i tried to create a connection manually but the 1st 2 options were disabled n only the braod band option was selectable. i just installed the whole thing back n now im online. theres stuff like com+, alerter n stuff. does ne1 kw wat all components i can safely uninstall?

edit: sorry the v2 was a typo. its v1.2

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i only understood the last bit about uninstalling all components, i wouldn't recommend it,

if you want to be normal and just get rid of bits you don't need: make sure you know what it is and that you definately don't need it, if you don't know what it does there's no point uninstalling it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    sorry, ill translate

"does anyone here know what are the things that are safe to remove from the advanced components? because i uninstalled everything with Micro$oft on it and my dial-up connection disappeared and when i tried to set it up, i clicked next and nothing happened. i reinstalled everything except the Microsoft ones and i tried to create a connection manually but the 1st 2 options were disabled and only the broad band option was selectable. i just installed the whole thing back and now im online. theres stuff like com+, alerter n stuff. does ne1 kw wat all components i can safely uninstall?"

details
    i tries to set up the connection with create new connection wizard. i uninstalled the components wit *..microsoft..* on it

hey Cl1mh4224rd thanks for the link but i take it u dont chat much. i was on MSN while i posted this, sorry

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    go to the internet section on xplite, and reinstall alll of the internet options you can except for msn explorer. then restart and try again. if it still doesn't work, then I tihnk you will have to reinstall all of them related in any way to internet to find what caused it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i did reinstall all advanced components n it works, thats how im online but i dont want any microsoft 'crap' running on my PC. any help?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by winXPHE@26 June 2004 - 07:14
    i dont want any microsoft 'crap' running on my PC. any help?
    linux?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by winXPHE@26 June 2004 - 12:14
    i did reinstall all advanced components n it works, thats how im online but i dont want any microsoft 'crap' running on my PC. any help?
    you want NO microsoft stuff? can't be done if u are running windows, obviously. try linux if you hate ms so much, otherwise quit whining and live with it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    easy man, im sayin i dont want the Ms crap. the stuff u can live without. eitherways 4get the whole thing.
    cheers