Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Task Manager Disabled

I just started to get this problem the past couple of days. Every time I hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete I get a pop up saying task manager has been disabled by your administrator. I'm sure theres a simple answer to fixing it. Can anyone help? Thanks. BTW I'm on Windows XP and I'm registored as the computer administator.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Unless the Administrator disabled it with a screwdriver this should probably be in Software World.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    start>run>gpedit.msc>click user configuration>administrative templates>system>ctrl+alt+del options>double click remove task manager>change to not configured, or disabled. enabled means it isn't shown.

if that doesn't fix it then search gogole there are plenty of different ways.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Where does the Phillipshead come into this?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by clocker@29 June 2004 - 20:55
    haha

Rosscco...good answer..I never knew any of that stuff was there.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by clocker@29 June 2004 - 21:55
    Oh yeah, sorry, forgot a few steps:

after the gpedit thing:
    turn off computer>unscrew case side cover>unscrew hard drive>remove hard drive>stab repeatadly with screw driver until a hole appears on top of hard drive>put back in, plug in, and screw in teh hard drive to teh case where it was before>put case back together>turn comp on>{after relazing computer doesn't boot anymore, and seeing multiple sparks fly out from case}toos computer out window>drive down to your local futureshop>buy a new computer>bring home>install>done.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by clocker@29 June 2004 - 20:32
    Unless the Administrator disabled it with a screwdriver this should probably be in Software World.
    Ya I realized I posted in the wrong place...SO sorry... Thanks for the help form everyone

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Jts87+29 June 2004 - 22:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jts87 @ 29 June 2004 - 22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@29 June 2004 - 20:32
    Ya I realized I posted in the wrong place...SO sorry... Thanks for the help form everyone [/b][/quote]
    So you got it fixed?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@29 June 2004 - 20:00

turn off computer>unscrew case side cover>unscrew hard drive>remove hard drive>stab repeatadly with screw driver until a hole appears on top of hard drive>put back in, plug in, and screw in teh hard drive to teh case where it was before>put case back together>turn comp on>{after relazing computer doesn&#39;t boot anymore, and seeing multiple sparks fly out from case}toos computer out window>drive down to your local futureshop>buy a new computer>bring home>install>done.

You forgot to mention that he must log on as Administrator first.

Otherwise the changes won&#39;t affect all users.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+30 June 2004 - 03:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 30 June 2004 - 03:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@29 June 2004 - 21:55
    Oh yeah, sorry, forgot a few steps:

after the gpedit thing:
    turn off computer>unscrew case side cover>unscrew hard drive>remove hard drive>stab repeatadly with screw driver until a hole appears on top of hard drive>put back in, plug in, and screw in teh hard drive to teh case where it was before>put case back together>turn comp on>{after relazing computer doesn&#39;t boot anymore, and seeing multiple sparks fly out from case}toos computer out window>drive down to your local futureshop>buy a new computer>bring home>install>done.

[/b][/quote]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast