Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Electrocution?

  1. #1
    In the UK with our 240-250 AC domestic power supply, to get shocked, what do you
    need to do?

    I got electrocuted a few years ago, I couldn't remember if I touched live/neutral or both?

    Anyone?

    ps: It didn't blow any fuses
    Don't visit http://curlsonfilm.co.uk ever!

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    touch the live without being insulated and you become the earth wire. I suggest if you want to really feel the tingle you touch all three while standing barefoot on a freshly watered lawn. Try to avoid using circuit breakers with this method as they tend to break the circuit before you start smoking...and you don't want that.

    itís an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    11,762
    I once got electrocuted while trying to plug in my computer using an old fuse. For some reason my marks for mathematics were phenomenal after that

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    I'm just trying to put together a defense inventory in case them crooks come back,
    after the last episode they'll be expecting us to repond, if i'm gonna electrocute anyone
    I want it to be in my own good time etc...

    Therefore I don't want to trip anything out! The last thing I want is a half assed attempt
    at grounding him...

    Catch my drift?
    Don't visit http://curlsonfilm.co.uk ever!

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    Originally posted by benxuk@26 June 2004 - 10:32
    I'm just trying to put together a defense inventory in case them crooks come back,
    after the last episode they'll be expecting us to repond, if i'm gonna electrocute anyone
    I want it to be in my own good time etc...

    Therefore I don't want to trip anything out! The last thing I want is a half assed attempt
    at grounding him...

    Catch my drift?
    Then be pepared to go to jail, the Uk has a thing called duty of common care which means you have to cover holes etc. in your garden in case someone falls in (even if they aren't supposed to be there). If you set a trap that can cause injury you will be open to a charge of assalt or in this case if the shock causes death manslaughter or even possibly murder. It wouldn't even matter if you put up a warning sign as the intruder may not be able to read.

    It seems unfair but that's the way it is

    itís an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    To be honest vidcc I really don't give a fuck anymore, i've watched them come back
    again and again and nearly kill my brother. I'll go down for them...

    My mum has to sleep downstairs because she was run over 2 years ago in september and still can't walk. If this is what it takes to stop them coming back i'll do it.

    Don't visit http://curlsonfilm.co.uk ever!

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    222
    you can't touch live wire at anytime, but you can touch neutral and/or grd.

    depending on a bunch of different factors decides on whether you die , get burnt, a shock from mild the severe.

    barometeric pressure, humidity, BMI, body type, sex, where entrance and exit is, how conductive you are, ampere is what kills voltage doesn't

    so in conclusion it's the path it take and resistance of your body at the time......in a nut shell


    my advice don't screw with electricity
    Hey Mr. JellyPantz is back. LOL

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Something i don't understand about A\C.

    apparantly it is alternating current, correct? (i know it is lol). meaning it alternates which wire has the power...no? so why is one called live and the other neutral?


    btw, over ehre in canada we habe 120v, so the shock doesn't hurt, just feels funny...and if i recall, u are only shocked when u touch both the white and black wires, not just the black one...

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@26 June 2004 - 21:25
    btw, over ehre in canada we habe 120v, so the shock doesn't hurt, just feels funny...and if i recall, u are only shocked when u touch both the white and black wires, not just the black one...
    Volts aren't as important as Amps

    itís an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    under the sea
    Posts
    6,519
    as the old saying goes, its the mills that kills it's the volts that jolts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •