Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Graphic Cards Duel

Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    dumbshitters, lets get THIS STRAIGHT!!!!!

Ati IS the leader for the moment....the FX didn't perform as well as they'd hoped, ahd they're lupping it from the market.....

though, for the money, the GeForce4Ti 4800 is STILL the best buy........

Ati Radeon 9700 Pro is THE BEST right now, but here in the States it's $350-375, and there's no fuckin way I'm guna spend that much money on a GPU......

the ONLY reason that you would really need the best best BEST performance is if ur playing Unreal 2/UT2003....or Doom III when its finally released........

seriously guys, the FX sucks, it costs $250 for the same performance as a GeForce 4Ti4600, which is about $150.............

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    when you start comparing different processor designs, megahertz/gigahertz become what is jokingly referred to as "meaningless indicator of processor speed."
    Exactly my point, brainiac. Some morons want to say the GeForce FX has a much higher clock, therefore it blows the Radeon 9700 away. I'm saying that it's not a factor, because the Radeon 9700 performs better in most tests.

though, for the money, the GeForce4Ti 4800 is STILL the best buy........
    It's my opinion that the Radeon 9500 pro is the best value. You get a fast card with DX9 capabilites for less than $200. Nvidia can't beat that.

seriously guys, the FX sucks, it costs $250 for the same performance as a GeForce 4Ti4600, which is about $150...
    That is non-sense.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    super, i suppose you're right about the 9500, its pretty good, but I've always used Nvidia, so I'm kinda biased....

as for the FX, we all know it sucks and was shelved.....stop comparing clock speeds and shit, how bout some actual results like fps (frames per second) in different settings......ie 800x600 1024x768 1280x1024 etc etc etc.......with/wohtout AA and etc etc....deatil level Low Med High, and which game ur using......ie UT2003, JK2, Quake 3, Doom 3 Alpha.....NOT JUST SAYING OOOO MINE HAS A HIGHER CLOCK SPEED SO THAT MEANS ITS FASTER!!!! you have to take into account the # of pipelines, the drivers, os, etc etc etc

btw, the 9700 IS the best card on the market RIGHT NOW.......
    FX sucks, I'm very disappointed in Nvidia, with me being a major fan of their cards over anyone else.....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    you know what!?!? does it matter how good a video card is now... as long as you get a display shouldnt you be happy, same goes w/ the speakers and sound card...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    the 9700 does not blow out the 5800 gfx. In tests with low levels of AA, and lower resolutions the 5800 beats the 9700... i can show you the tests...

"As we’ve seen, the GeForce FX is no slouch in the 3D accelerator world, however it is not the "9700-killer" many have expected. It is, at best, mildly faster in most games, and the same or slightly worse in a few. Had it arrived when most of us thought it should, there is no doubt it would be much better received.

Hardocp gfx review

On higher reses, and levels of AA, the 9700 does have the lead at times.

The 9700 by no way dominates the gfx, nor is it the clear cut leader. the 9800 which hits later this month, or next, yes, it does beat the gfx by bit.

get your shit straight before you run mouth sounding like an ass metal.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    oops, my bad. if i said radeon 9500 in my earlier posts, it should've been 9700. i realize that the 9500 is the "budget" version...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Well, the 9500 is mid-ranged no bargain. 9000 is the entry level.

Schmiggy, I'm going to have to agree with Metal. Radeon 9700 is the better card. Don't you think?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    in addition to the FX being inefficient, it has a frickin nuclear reactor for a fan...it takes up two slots and is powerful enough to cool your room. The radeons are the best, but too expensive...id say get a Geforce 4 Ti4200-4600.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    IF i had to chose between the 9700 and the gfx 5800, i would prolly take the 9700, not just cuz of the negligable perfromance gap, but cuz of the price difference mainly.

But the gainward gfx 5800 seems nice, as its fan only runs at 2decibles, far below the 70 by the normal 5800's.

I however read some intresting news today about the nv35, nvidias next card, and I may have to wait on that 256meg 9800 radeon... as the nv35 could be faster

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234