Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Cards Duel

After the release of Radeon 9600, will the price of Radeon 9500 come down.

and for those who are in the business, you probably know that radeon 9500 has a pretty darn good chance to beat the new yet unreleased 9600...

from the current benchmarks, the radeon 9500 pro beats Nvidia FX 5600 ultra hands down.

soo, my question is, should i buy the 9500 now? or should i wait till the release of 9600 and 9200?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    WHAT???

Radeon 9500 beats GeForceFX...

I dont think so... The new geforce fx cards run at 1Ghz core speed... The radeon doesnt run that quick!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    well obviously u r not in the "Business" then.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDQ0

read for yourself.

if u don't believe that, just look at the rest of websites.

http://www.3dchipset.com/
    http://www.ocaddiction.com/
    http://www.3dgpu.com/index.php

and by the way, not just GeForce FX, Radeon 9500 Pro beats GeForce FX 5600 Ultra

and none of the GeForce FX cards have a core speed of 1Ghz, you must have confused that with memory speed.

besides, core speed really doesn't matter that much. Radeon cards are just designed better.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Radeon does beat Geforce. The GeFroce FX is a HUGE dissapointment. It may have the insane clocks, but it is not effecient at all. Radeon absolutly murders GeForce in FSAA/Aniso test.. always has. Go with Radeon. Of course the longer you wait, the more prices go down. But the longer you wait, the longer you go without graphics goodness.

P.S. Get the fastest card you can afford. Video cards get outdated FAST.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Well, just wait for the Radeon Pro 9800 256mb ultra... if we are lucky it will ship in april... and rumor has it, it is DYNOMITE! lol

Ya, its gonna be bad ass... NV35, (nvidias next chip) is soon on the way too, as the gfx turned to be lackluster, rumors say the chip may have tapped out already, (from the fab plant), and that maybe in 2 months or so, we could see it... gonna be a interesting spring/summer for gfx cards

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Initial reports suggest that the NV31 and the NV35 will have even more problems competing. It just gets easier and easier for ATI. The promising thing Nvidia has going for them is that the NV35 will be the first sub-$100 graphics card with DirectX 9 capabilites. That is certian to put a twist in the bargain card market.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    If you really want to go out and pay £300 for a graphics card that is full of bugs then go ahead.
    ati still have driver problems.
    nvidia fx is a bit new. (and does beat the ati in benchmarks)
    get a ti 4600 it will run any game that is likely to be out in the next year so why pay for new technology that is yet to be proven.
    bet you bought a betamax

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by mikharris@20 March 2003 - 15:04
    If you really want to go out and pay £300 for a graphics card that is full of bugs then go ahead.
    ati still have driver problems.
    nvidia fx is a bit new. (and does beat the ati in benchmarks)
    get a ti 4600 it will run any game that is likely to be out in the next year so why pay for new technology that is yet to be proven.
    bet you bought a betamax
    Are you kidding me? Catalyst 3 are the best unified drivers in the market. Nothing is more bugged than the GFx. It is BARELY faster than Radeon in raw performance but does not even come close in FSAA/Aniso benchmarks.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I must be really unlucky then, recently installed catalyst 3.1 and it fried windows. ATI might get it right one day I guess, but don't hold your breath.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm we`ll see
    as i said geforce fx is to new to think about but i will stake me old age pension on it being faster than any radeon card.
    and the drivers are bugged to bollocks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast