Thread: Aol Aim

heres the situation:

your listening to an online radio station, or listening to music and using AOL's AIM to chat at the same time. Then there is those stupid beep noises that AIM makes every time you send or receive a message. They are very overpowering in contrast to the music and everything else for that matter.

is there a way to mute AIM and nothing else?

Thanks.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    imported_el-producto
    i think you can do it in preferences...or some shit like that

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Yea there is acctually go to AOL Instant Messenger Prefrences, then IM/Chat, the sounds, then uncheck the box that says play sound when message is recieved

4. Lounge   -   #4
    hmmm

it didn't give me that option. just sound when buddies sign on, sign off, and contact me by AIM phone.

It sounds like i am going to have to download the latest version and put more AOL crap on my computer.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Sneepboy's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by healimonster@18 March 2003 - 23:04
    hmmm

it didn't give me that option. just sound when buddies sign on, sign off, and contact me by AIM phone.

It sounds like i am going to have to download the latest version and put more AOL crap on my computer.
    The settings are there. Look around some more. I have been changing the sounds (or turning them off) for a couple years. The version Im using now has 2 buttons that say sounds. The one you mentioned is under buddy list & the other one is under IM/Chat.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    The option to turn off IM/Chat sounds is in preferences accessible from the main AIM window, I forget exactly where, so just route around in there, it'll turn up.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.