Thread: Please Help Me Out I Need Someone To Host My Files

Poster
    Hey,

I'm a founding partner of www.never-dead.cjb.net a small low-budget film-making partnership, anyways, we usually run into problems with who can host our downloads (Movies, trailers, special content) etc... So, is there anyone out there who can please help us out?

I've been using SmartFTP to upload my stuff before so if I can still use it, I'll be grateful I'd have to upload at least 70 megs of stuff now, but it could grow in the future and I would need basically permanent hosting...

Please, Please, Please can someone help us out here? You will be credited with a "Special Thanks" and I'll help you out as much as I can.

Thanks
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    If finding webspace & bandwidth is a problem, why don't you get yourself a tracker and host your files with bittorrent?

If your hosting has php & a mysql database you can use, then just grab bytemonsoon or something of the like.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by Vamp@28 June 2004 - 03:06
    Hey,

I'm a founding partner of www.never-dead.cjb.net a small low-budget film-making partnership, anyways, we usually run into problems with who can host our downloads (Movies, trailers, special content) etc... So, is there anyone out there who can please help us out?

I've been using SmartFTP to upload my stuff before so if I can still use it, I'll be grateful I'd have to upload at least 70 megs of stuff now, but it could grow in the future and I would need basically permanent hosting...

Please, Please, Please can someone help us out here? You will be credited with a "Special Thanks" and I'll help you out as much as I can.

Thanks
    i can probably host em but if i give u the space i need u to find me more members for my forum

so..

u find me members and i giv u hosting

My Blog
    I'm still here.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Poster
    bump
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Wheres the party?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    k ill make u a deal... if u get me 10 Members or more to sign up at my forum tht post

ill giv my host's email addy and he can giv u like 150MB of hosting

My Blog
    I'm still here.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    people need to be on the file for bt too work. unless your looking at a bunch of people downloading the movie at the same time the torrent will die out and if your the only one seeding then you might as well just upload it to everyone your self.

Try spiltting it into 10 mb pieces and attaching it to emails in gmail. use google's bandwidth, they have a lot.

also, i bet you can make the file smaller by using better compression. are you using xvid? if not ask in movie world.