are you talking about professional?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Broken@28 June 2004 - 01:54
    no such thing...
    are you talking about professional?
    damn you're a idiot

to the poster, post your spec's, I doubt you would benefit from it
    you would be better off with xp and then get plus!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    it's for my new HTPC

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Media Center needs to be pre-installed mate, cant get in on a disk etc
    Signature removed, check the Board Rules.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    muchspl2
    wtf is it with all the idiots in the thread
    and again, whats your specs, you need a very new (powerful) computer, and you wont be able to do a whole lot unless you have a great capture & video card

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    well let's see

The shuttle XPC barebone
    AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    ATI Readon 9800 XT
    512 ram (corsair)

(don't need a capture card coz I don't have cable)

Now, DO you know where can I get it?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Originally posted by muchspl2@28 June 2004 - 16:37
    and again, whats your specs, you need a very new (powerful) computer, and you wont be able to do a whole lot unless you have a great capture & video card
    Flaming isn't needed muchspl2.
    Is it any wonder I've never heard of a windows progam that will only work on the pc that it was shipped with, and can't be purchased otherwise??

weeble19, I've done some asking and googleing. There is no way that I can see to get XPMC without buying a computer that it shipped with. It is like the versions of windows that will only install on a certain computer, and thier is no retail version. Also it requres a specail remote control unit that ships with the computer, making the software alone useless.

From what I have read, microsoft has severly limited what the software can do. For instance, all computers that ship with XPMC have a video card so that you can copy shows from tv broadcast. However, the shows would only be able to playback on the computer that it was made on. It really sounds like you would be better of just downloading some regular video and meida utilities and forget the endless limiting software that microsoft has put together in this "version" of windows.

After reading about XPMC, I can only imagine the limitations that microsoft will put into Longhorn. They (microsoft) are not to be tursted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by Broken+28 June 2004 - 18:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Broken &#064; 28 June 2004 - 18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@28 June 2004 - 16:37
    Flaming isn&#39;t needed muchspl2.
    Is it any wonder I&#39;ve never heard of a windows progam that will only work on the pc that it was shipped with, and can&#39;t be purchased otherwise??

weeble19, I&#39;ve done some asking and googleing. There is no way that I can see to get XPMC without buying a computer that it shipped with. It is like the versions of windows that will only install on a certain computer, and thier is no retail version. Also it requres a specail remote control unit that ships with the computer, making the software alone useless.

From what I have read, microsoft has severly limited what the software can do. For instance, all computers that ship with XPMC have a video card so that you can copy shows from tv broadcast. However, the shows would only be able to playback on the computer that it was made on. It really sounds like you would be better of just downloading some regular video and meida utilities and forget the endless limiting software that microsoft has put together in this "version" of windows.

After reading about XPMC, I can only imagine the limitations that microsoft will put into Longhorn. They (microsoft) are not to be tursted. [/b][/quote]
    you mean this remote?

MCE is on IRC but I can&#39;t seem to find a decent bot to download it from. I know bunch of mates whom downloaded MCE and very happy with it by the way

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I&#39;d ask one of your friends for it and see whom can deliver.
    From what i&#39;ve read it&#39;s manufactures original equipment only. It maybe floating around, but I doubt it is installable on anything but the original computer because of a recognition chip on the motherboard of the computer.

Best of luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast