Thread: Unreal Tournament 2004

Hey Guys

Me and my m8s have just installed Unreal Tournament 2004 on our computers and everytin runs fine except for 1 thing . Whenever we go into multiplayer eg onslaught there is a lot of LAG eg running 2 frag sum alien only 2 find myself facing in the opposite direction getting my ass blasted in and its real glitchy. It doesnt happen anywhere else in the game except for that.

I know it aint my computer specs cause im well above the minimum requirements and even on my m8s 9800 pro, it lags. we have both updated the game in sum hope of it getting fixed but it didnt obvioously

so is this hapnin 2 any1 else other than us? lol
    any ideas guys?????

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    and even on my m8s 9800 pro, it lags
    it doesnt actually lag on my computer

...more of a weird bug of some sort.

Another example of this is when ya running toward the wall... and when your just about 10 steps away... it freezes for a sec... (meanwhile your still holding up) ... then when it unfreezes you find yourself against the wall

you guys get what we mean?

what could be causing this? it only happens when we HOST a game

3. Games   -   #3
    Twist3r
    Are you guys on broadband?

Are you hosting a Internet game or a LAN game?
    B)

If its LAN you shouldn't get any lag, but if its Internet and you have a slow connection then it might lag.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Twister@29 June 2004 - 05:44
    Are you guys on broadband?

Are you hosting a Internet game or a LAN game?
    B)

If its LAN you shouldn't get any lag, but if its Internet and you have a slow connection then it might lag.
    At the moment Im at home hosting a LAN (note: that we arent actually linking our comps till friday)

So yeh, im just testing out the LAN host option... hopefully this lil bug will go away when we actually LAN

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster

update: looks like even high -end systems have trouble with the Onslaught maps....

surely some1 HAS THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell me if it runs without a single bit of lag on the onslaught maps

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    i got this game with only a geforce 2 gts pro vid only 32mb , 2100xp amd . gig o ram ....i have no lag or glitches on the game unless its more than 30+ players ...i never ran into the problem that u have .... o yea i got comcast cable connection. Maybe its ur connection i dont know .
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

7. Games   -   #7
    Hum make sure you get the game updates have run this on my set up no major problems fast stable good ping and no lag had various maps invasion mostly

http://www.unrealtournament.com/index.php

8. Games   -   #8
    Well i think ive figured it out ....ive been lookin round in sum of the unrealtournament 2004 forumsand it seems 2 b affecting quite a lot of people so its obviouslya bug or sumtin .

Heresa link that might help 2 fix it . I went through it and did sum changes and now Unreal Tournament is runnin smooth as with no glitches atlast