Thread: How Do I Get Fast-speeds?

Poster
    Is it Emule or Edonkey2000 that works on a credit system? The more credits you have the faster you download? Which of those P2P's are better? Or does Overnet beat all of them?

Anyways, what do I have to do to get "credits" and how much faster can it make my downloads.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    i have never really paid attention to the credits.
    I use emule and would recommend anyone to use it! to make sure you get high speeds:
    you should have a high id.
    connect to well known servers which have loads of files and users on.
    servers like razorback 2, byte devils

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Which Servers are the best for different things?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Doesn't matter, the servers connect to each other too, and you get a lot of sources through source exchange and Kad.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Vamp@28 June 2004 - 09:15
    Is it Emule or Edonkey2000 that works on a credit system?
    eMule and eDonkey are different clients that connect to the same network, not different networks. All clients accessing ed2k use the credit system (since this is open source there are devs who write clients that bypass the credits but these clients are quickly barred from the network).

Personally, I use and recommend the eMule Plus client but everyone has their favorite, so pick the one that has the features which best suit you.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    ive given up on edonkey and emule a loooong time ago ... it takes days to download any large file which you can usually download on overnet in less then a day

but as for your question

Is it Emule or Edonkey2000 that works on a credit system? The more credits you have the faster you download? Which of those P2P's are better? Or does Overnet beat all of them?

Anyways, what do I have to do to get "credits" and how much faster can it make my downloads.
    Emule and Edonkey are the same thing , they both use the same network and overnet beats them all hands down

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Shrek 2 is almost in, added it yesterday evening, didn't leave eMule overnight, so I don't think you can complain about eMule's speed.