Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Port Forwarding...

threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    gone to bed...11pm UK time...early start...will chek it out in the morning

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Those are good ideas. Problem is, in real life, im kinda shy, hate talking to people I don't know/people I only kinda know (like people's parents). Typing to people I have no problem with.

Then there is the problem that most people wouldn't trust a kid (teenager) messing about with their computer.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+28 June 2004 - 22:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 28 June 2004 - 22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-threelions00@28 June 2004 - 17:31
    would it help my downloads speed if i fiddled with this option? i usually get anywhere between 10 (most common) and 40 (very rare)

you took ya time answering too rossco....

btw the way rossco...ever thought how you could make some cash with your knowledge...i know you&#39;re a youngen but gifted in this field...
    nahh, won&#39;t make it any faster. Think all it will do is make the difference between a program connecting and not connecting.

how do you propose I make cash with my "knowledge"? [/b][/quote]
    not true. I recently forwarded my ports and my BT speeds are 68+
    but there&#39;s 2 problems:
    1) If you portFw make sure you have a firewall cause my sygate is going bananas with
    pott scans and other attacks on those open ports.
    2) My BT program bit tornado crashes occasionally.

Any solutions?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by trillscout+28 June 2004 - 22:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trillscout &#064; 28 June 2004 - 22:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@28 June 2004 - 22:47
    <!--QuoteBegin-threelions00
    @28 June 2004 - 17:31
    would it help my downloads speed if i fiddled with this option? i usually get anywhere between 10 (most common) and 40 (very rare)

you took ya time answering too rossco....

btw the way rossco...ever thought how you could make some cash with your knowledge...i know you&#39;re a youngen but gifted in this field...

nahh, won&#39;t make it any faster. Think all it will do is make the difference between a program connecting and not connecting.

how do you propose I make cash with my "knowledge"?
    not true. I recently forwarded my ports and my BT speeds are 68+
    but there&#39;s 2 problems:
    1) If you portFw make sure you have a firewall cause my sygate is going bananas with
    pott scans and other attacks on those open ports.
    2) My BT program bit tornado crashes occasionally.

Any solutions? [/b][/quote]
    It was going so slow before becuase it couldn&#39;t connect.

My explanation was very bad. Should fix it, but im too lazy lol.

to answer your question, bittornado (experimental version) used to freeze a lot for me aswell, i just stopped using it and switched to torrentstorm, and since switched from that to azereus.

Getting all those attacks on your firewall is normal...lots of attacks going on these days.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    rossco, you got to overcome that shyness...could be the difference between making a few cents and dollars...just blind people with science and they will usually leave you to it...as for being a teenager, what do they expect? these things weren&#39;t around when they were your age...just make sure you can do the job before taking it on...please give it a go, could be a furture development for yourself

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    i use bit tornado...what would be my best port settings?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    ok...call me stupid right...but i don&#39;t have a router...do i even need port forward? i just got a modem, connected to the pc (as you do) and that is it. i use cable...

but i still want to know best settings for bit tornado or maybe switch from bit tornado to something else...any recommendations?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by threelions00@29 June 2004 - 16:46
    ok...call me stupid right...but i don&#39;t have a router...do i even need port forward? i just got a modem, connected to the pc (as you do) and that is it. i use cable...

but i still want to know best settings for bit tornado or maybe switch from bit tornado to something else...any recommendations?
    ATM I like Azereus best. Using ports 6881-6999.

I will try to overcome my shyness, just for you.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    good lad about the shyness...i checked out azureus....which bugger do i want...seems to be shed loads...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by threelions00@29 June 2004 - 17:32
    good lad about the shyness...i checked out azureus....which bugger do i want...seems to be shed loads...
    There is each version, then for each version 5 or 6 different files, choose the last one (i think) it is the one that says win32 setup or something like that...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast