Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Lite 2.4.5

Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts does not exist"
    Hosts is a file used to trick your computer and to disallow you to gain access to certian sites. That's good because sites listed there are phony and dangerous this way or the other. If you don't have this file you can creat it by creating a .txt file, naming it Hosts and then removing the .txt extension.

Also, never ever say that you have an error message that reads: blah, blah, blah. How the hell we're suppose to solve your problem if we don't know what the problem is. Give us the text.

2. File Sharing   -   #72
    It's your typical error message that pops up on XP, It tells you what the program is and that it needs to shut down. In this case,
    "kazaaLite.kpp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
    Like I said, it was the typical error message you get when a program shuts down.

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

3. File Sharing   -   #73
    nsane's Avatar .
    thats all it says, theres no 'More Details...' button?

try checking 'Restore default settings' during the installation

and 2.4.5.3 will create the hosts file for you, ill be relasing it in a few days

4. File Sharing   -   #74
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    So nsane, you gonna translate it ?

5. File Sharing   -   #75
    wow...releasing 2.543..whats gonna be new in it?

6. File Sharing   -   #76
    nsane's Avatar .
    for one, i updated mp3shield from the one in the previous releases caused problems for a few people , thought it was the same version but the file sizes are different. i guess i could call it 2.0c

second, install now creates a HOSTS file for people that don't already have one

plus i few other fixes i'm forgetting

@Atumn Fox - was just about to upload the files

Edit: translation files uploaded, if you want to translate for me download them off my site

7. File Sharing   -   #77
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    nsane plz dont include anything w/ the hosts file it fucked my pc all up b4 and i it isnt any help if its just 4 blocking sites, i have other software 4 that... i also use "spy bot - S&D" and it has an option 2 prevent the HOSTS file from being changed but wen i just installed ur latest ver i do beleive it changed the HOSTS anyway.

ty B)
    tYiA

8. File Sharing   -   #78
    nsane's Avatar .
    i dunno, i use add the hosts with aldo's hosts tool so i have no idea why it's ignoring read-onlys

and what do you mean dont include anything with the hosts file? it's just kazaa sites, scam sites, and ad servers

9. File Sharing   -   #79
    Hey nsane,

Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.5.2, from what I've seen so far, works just as good as all the previous versions. So thanks for the update. I did notice a few minor things. After I installed it (overtop of 2.4.4), it changed my settings for K-Sig (but nothing else was changed). I also noticed that the issue that some people have mentioned of connecting to bad supernodes with only a little over 90 000 users still exists. Although that's not your fault of course. Jumping supernodes usually fixes that. I have two questions though. What exactly is K Magnet for? I opened it and it said that it wasn't registered. So I chose to register it. Now when I open it, it does nothing at all. What is it for and how is it used? Second, what are those manifest files that get installed in the Kazaa Lite K++ folder? What are manifest files?

10. File Sharing   -   #80
    @rts .manifest files create the "xp look" on kazaa.
    @nsane kmagnet doesn't work for me neither. I hope you fix it soon.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast