Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Lite 2.4.5

Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Yawn, mnhmnh, huh ? E, K-Lite 2.6 has tabbed searches Hik. And an equivalent of K++, KHancer. Yea.

2. File Sharing   -   #152
    Yea but it isn't real tabbed searches, you can't do multiple searches at once. That feature is a piece of crap and that is all Sharman has really done to update Kazaa in the past year.

And I guess it all depends on personal preference but IMO KHancer isn't anywhere near K++.

3. File Sharing   -   #153
    nsane's Avatar .
    you can have more than one search going, there's just a bug that cause a crash if the first tab doesnt find any results. but the K-Lite devs are talking about upgrading to 2.6.3

and K-Lite actually has a few more advantages over K++, like the magnet link handler supports web based file sources so you can send hash links to other users and provide multiple working sources in the link so they dont have jump nodes for half an hour

me and a friend of mine are actually trying to put this feature to good use, see here for more info

4. File Sharing   -   #154
    nsane's Avatar .
    2.4.5.5 released, see first post for details

5. File Sharing   -   #155
    nsane, your 2.4.5.5 version of klite k++ have some bugs:

1- mp3shield doesn't have an icon
    2- supernodes are always down (can't connect to kazaa, i had to search for an online supernode for aprox 30 minutes)
    3- magnet links are not registered automatically (dont know why)
    4- search tab displays "page not found" error (i have supertrick installed)

hope u fix it soon

6. File Sharing   -   #156
    nsane's Avatar .
    ok, try 2.4.5.6 B)

7. File Sharing   -   #157
    nsane's Avatar .
    2.4.5.7 released, see first post for details and downloads
    Last edited by nsane; 11-08-2004 at 06:14 AM.

8. File Sharing   -   #158
    Well nsane:

1) When I click on tools it displays a "no tools" message.
    2) Dude! there are too many unnecesary tools. They make the installer bigger every new version. KCF? whats that? and kchecker? (never heard of it) The K-lite codec pack includes GSpot too.
    3) I think magnet links can't be automatically registered (on my pc i have to open the kmagnet.exe file manually)

BTW, Great work on updating 2.4x version!

Edit: Im using WinXP
    Last edited by djchris; 11-09-2004 at 07:02 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #159
    Hey nsane,

You have been doing great with keeping K++ alive (it's good to see that some people have not given up on Kazaa Lite). I did notice a few things with 2.4.5.7.

On the Tools menu there is a thing called VirtualDub, but there is no icon for it and when i click on it, it says that that the file cannot be found. What is VirtualDub? (I didn't see it as a tool to install in the setup).

The link for K-Lite IRC Chat doesn't work anymore (I guess it's been changed).

In the setup, you made the Bluetack link the default for the Bad IP Updater again.

K++ seems to be getting a little bulky with all the added tools.

I'm surprised that in the About Kazaa Lite K++ box, Sharman Networks hasn't been removed from the Special Thanks section yet. Sharman Networks tried to get rid of Kazaa Lite entirely, they don't deserve any thanks anymore.

A feature that I think would be very good to put into Kazaa Lite is that when a bad IP address is detected and blocked, you are alerted about it (similar to what Peer Guardian does). However, if this is not really possible to add, then oh well.

It would be nice if the window for KChecker was resizable (not everyone uses 1024 X 768 resolution). Although I know that you didn't make KChecker

Downloads and uploads work normally. Keep up the great work nsane

10. File Sharing   -   #160
    nsane's Avatar .
    thanks, try 2.4.5.8 it should solve most of the problems

and yes i know its a little bulky, thats why i removed VirtualDub which is a media player that can play files larger than the normal limit of other players (2gigs i think ). but hey it has the same amount of tools as KLT K++ but 9MB smaller

i might add virtualdub to the next release...but i think its pointless as it cant play unfinished/downloading files and the fact K++ already includes avi preview, no need for 2 media players

@djchris - read the notes at the begining of the installer, theres a section that describes the tools (which are VERY useful when you know what theyre for). but you do have a point about GSpot, consider it removed from 2.4.5.9
    Last edited by nsane; 11-09-2004 at 11:44 PM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast