Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: This Is Too Good....

Originally posted by vidcc+30 June 2004 - 21:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc &#064; 30 June 2004 - 21:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Biggles@30 June 2004 - 16:08
    <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc
    @30 June 2004 - 23:02
    I&#39;m going to come to Hanks defence here slightly and would like to point out that in another thread related to the movie he stated that even though he wouldn&#39;t agree with the content ( as far as it had been reported ) he wouldn&#39;t want to stop it being shown.

Absolutely, I was only really making a suggestion in relation to debating technique rather than anything to do with the film.
    Oh i agree totally on the point of calling it garbage purely on the basis of a critics view. The viewpoint of such a revue could hardly be called evidence as it is just a viewpoint, an opinion.

As i stated in my first post i can&#39;t comment because i haven&#39;t seen the movie so all i have is this one revue to take a stance. It is very possible that the author is correct but i can&#39;t pass judgement until i have seen the evidence for myself.

I do however think it&#39;s a fair article because it does try debate the points of the film instead of just attack the makers credentials. Rebuttal is part of debate, personality assasination doesn&#39;t address the issues.[/b][/quote]
    Christ&#33;

This post makes you sound reasonable and balanced. This is a facade that I have been accused of myself.

Welcome to my world.

Some appear to think that this position is not possible, and I feel that this reflects more upon the accusors than upon me.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by hobbes+1 July 2004 - 00:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 1 July 2004 - 00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vidcc@30 June 2004 - 21:23
    Originally posted by Biggles@30 June 2004 - 16:08
    <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc
    @30 June 2004 - 23:02
    I&#39;m going to come to Hanks defence here slightly and would like to point out that in another thread related to the movie he stated that even though he wouldn&#39;t agree with the content ( as far as it had been reported ) he wouldn&#39;t want to stop it being shown.

Absolutely, I was only really making a suggestion in relation to debating technique rather than anything to do with the film.

Oh i agree totally on the point of calling it garbage purely on the basis of a critics view. The viewpoint of such a revue could hardly be called evidence as it is just a viewpoint, an opinion.

As i stated in my first post i can&#39;t comment because i haven&#39;t seen the movie so all i have is this one revue to take a stance. It is very possible that the author is correct but i can&#39;t pass judgement until i have seen the evidence for myself.

I do however think it&#39;s a fair article because it does try debate the points of the film instead of just attack the makers credentials. Rebuttal is part of debate, personality assasination doesn&#39;t address the issues.
    Christ&#33;

This post makes you sound reasonable and balanced. This is a facade that I have been accused of myself.

Welcome to my world.

Some appear to think that this position is not possible, and I feel that this reflects more upon the accusors than upon me. [/b][/quote]
    That looks like a reasoned, justified, balanced and rational point of view

Sounds like hobbes and vidcc are both lucky to possess such treats. In this day and age, having such an rare and valuable artifact would give you a lot of wealth...

...and that&#39;s a lot more than the price it could fetch on eBay

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Oh bugger...there goes the neighbourhood

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by vidcc@30 June 2004 - 18:02
    *Hank picks himself up after reading that statement*

Well lord knows I never thought that I’d live long enough to see you coming to my defense

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Biggles@30 June 2004 - 17:48

J2, compared to you Attila the Hun was a flaming Liberal.

Surely you joust....

...as did the last fellow who said that.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    I love when Bush is called a liar. Here&#39;s a situation for you big guy.

I tell you my name is Eric.
    You decide to do some research first to make sure I&#39;m telling the truth.
    You find some friends of mine and people who know me and ask them if my name really is Eric, they all tell you that infact it is.
    You then tell someone else that my name is Eric.
    It happens to be that my name is Frank.
    Does that mean you lied to that person?

No, I don&#39;t think so. Atleast not in my oppinion.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by vidcc@30 June 2004 - 19:02
    Well you defend Hank on something that in fact was a non-issue.

No one raised the question of whether the film should be allowed to be shown.

You&#39;ve made assumptions about this movie before this article.

All because it doesn&#39;t support your candidate.

You are a brainwashed fool.

I&#39;ve been working with folks like you for over 10 years and it&#39;s all the same story.

Question your politicians. Stop sitting back and always buying the company, or should I say, the government line.

I am in no way saying believe all conspiracy theories like the "Cheney order fighters to shoot down the plane over PA", but DAMN, you question nothing of Bush, even if he bends you over.

If or when Kerry becomes President I&#39;ll light into him the same way if he fucks up.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by E&#045;squirrel@30 June 2004 - 20:17
    I love when Bush is called a liar. Here&#39;s a situation for you big guy.

I tell you my name is Eric.
    You decide to do some research first to make sure I&#39;m telling the truth.
    You find some friends of mine and people who know me and ask them if my name really is Eric, they all tell you that infact it is.
    You then tell someone else that my name is Eric.
    It happens to be that my name is Frank.
    Does that mean you lied to that person?

No, I don&#39;t think so. Atleast not in my oppinion.
    Boy&#33;
    That was a fun exercise&#33;

Not sure what it meant, but I can hardly wait to do it again&#33;
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Busyman@30 June 2004 - 20:27

I&#39;ve been working with folks like you for over 10 years and it&#39;s all the same story.

Question your politicians. Stop sitting back and always buying the company, or should I say, the government line.

I am in no way saying believe all conspiracy theories like the "Cheney order fighters to shoot down the plane over PA", but DAMN, you question nothing of Bush, even if he bends you over.

If or when Kerry becomes President I&#39;ll light into him the same way if he fucks up.
    Are you talking about me or Hank ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by vidcc+30 June 2004 - 23:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 30 June 2004 - 23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@30 June 2004 - 20:27

Are you talking about me or Hank ? [/b][/quote]
    Sorry that part was Hank.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast