Thread: Problem With Zone Alarm And Bt

I just added ZA to my pc and now the torrents onyl turn green sometimes. They usually stay yellow.

When ZA first asked if it should allow it I said yes. I am also behind a router firewall but ports are forwarded properly.

Im using BitTornado 0.3.3.

Thanks for any help.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    muchspl2
    your fine if it turns green sometimes
    just means no one tries to connect to you (yellow)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    But my speeds have suffered. I will be on a very popular torent and yet speeds will be crap. And it only turns green a few times 5-10% and thats only after a loong time.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    muchspl2
    uh, yea
    it is a firewall
    everything goes through it before it connects to your computer

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 June 2004 - 20:54
    uh, yea
    it is a firewall
    everything goes through it before it connects to your computer

I know its the firewall, I wanted to know how to fix it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Are you using ZA 4.5 or 5.0? In either case, you are better off creating a Rule to govern BT connections that allows both TCP and UDP connections up and down on the ports that you have chosen to forward than simply relying on the default options to allow BT to access the net and act as a server.

I had some similar conflicts between DC and ZA that were solved by adding such a Rule. (btw: I'm sticking with 4.5 until the bugs are worked out of 5.0.)
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by guit_steel@30 June 2004 - 06:43
    Are you using ZA 4.5 or 5.0? In either case, you are better off creating a Rule to govern BT connections that allows both TCP and UDP connections up and down on the ports that you have chosen to forward than simply relying on the default options to allow BT to access the net and act as a server.

I had some similar conflicts between DC and ZA that were solved by adding such a Rule. (btw: I'm sticking with 4.5 until the bugs are worked out of 5.0.)
    How do I go about doing that?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just allow it to run as a server other than just allowing it to access the internet. Just go to program control, look for the client and tick all. It may be different but should be sorta the same, I use pro.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    angel_of_death57
    Zone Alarm andBlubster has same problem like guit_steel about the TCP and UDP stuff i think if you look for Clean Blubsyer thread on thsi forum it gives instruction on Blubster stuff on Zone Alarm do the same but with BitToorent ports also stick with ZA 4.5