Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar / Signature Size

Since I notice that some users seem unaware that they are breaking the rules, I thought I would make this explanation.
    Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 495x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used.
    That means that your whole signature should fit inside this area. That's all your pictures and text within one area of this size.

The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes.
    Please check that the size of your avatar image and your signature images are under 100 KB ( Together ) !
    Start with your avatar. Right click your avatar image and choose 'Properties'. Now look at 'Size:' in bytes and note it down on a piece of paper. Repeat this step for each picture in your signature.

Example:

Sig. Picture 1 = 35,000 bytes
    Sig. Picture 2 = 80,000 bytes
    ---------------------------------------
    Total filesizes = 122,000 bytes

If your total is like this (over 100,000 bytes) it is time to resize or modify your images so that the total is less than 100,000 bytes.

If your whole signature fits into that rectangle and your total is less than 100 KB then you are within the rules. Thankyou.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Nice one Nobody1234.
    Now can you please tell us if you're a Board God or Goddess?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@21 March 2003 - 07:15
    I wasnt sure how big my great self-posing-guitar-slinging avatar was, so i made a new one.
    To check your avatar's size, right-click on it and select 'Properties'.

100 KB = 102400 bytes

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@24 March 2003 - 05:23
    Since I notice that some users seem unaware that they are breaking the rules, I thought I would make this explanation.
    Signatures will be restricted in size and content. Signatures may not excede a 495x150 pixel area, this includes all images and text used.
    That means that your whole signature should fit inside this area. That's all your pictures and text within one area of this size.

The total file size for all images contained in a signature may not excede 100,000 bytes.
    Please check that the size of your avatar image and your signature images are under 100 KB ( Together ) !
    Start with your avatar. Right click your avatar image and choose 'Properties'. Now look at 'Size:' in bytes and note it down on a piece of paper. Repeat this step for each picture in your signature.

Example:

Sig. Picture 1 = 35,000 bytes
    Sig. Picture 2 = 80,000 bytes
    ---------------------------------------
    Total filesizes = 122,000 bytes

If your total is like this (over 100,000 bytes) it is time to resize or modify your images so that the total is less than 100,000 bytes.

If your whole signature fits into that rectangle and your total is less than 100 KB then you are within the rules. Thankyou.
    Nice explaination Nobody1234
    Ive had some problems lately as your aware regarding sig size,another thing how do you check byte size 'cause it does not show up when i right on the image.

What other way can i check the size( in bytes)??

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Out of The Ordinary
    @bronco

Interner Explorer, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]@24 March 2003 - 12:43
    @bronco

Interner Explorer, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape?
    Yeah sorry thought someone would ask.
    Netscape!

7. Lounge   -   #17
    If your browser doesn't have the feature to check the filesize just use 'Save Image As...' feature. Take note of what it says in 'Save in' in order to know where it will be saved on your hard disk and save it. Open Windows Explorer and locate the file you just saved. Right click on the file and choose 'Properties'. You will see the 'Size:' there.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@24 March 2003 - 14:25
    If your browser doesn't have the feature to check the filesize just use 'Save Image As...' feature. Take note of what it says in 'Save in' in order to know where it will be saved on your hard disk and save it. Open Windows Explorer and locate the file you just saved. Right click on the file and choose 'Properties'. You will see the 'Size:' there.
    Thanks for that buddy

9. Lounge   -   #19
    insanebassman
    I think I am good

10. Lounge   -   #20
    [From insanebassman in Private Message]

Works for me, I do not mind and I will play with spaces!

Hello insanebassman,

Your filesizes are fine but your whole signature doesn't fit in the area.

You are doing much better than some users. Just remove a little space and you'll be within the rules.

I was wondering if I could post this as an example so other users could better understand. A picture is worth a thousand words. With your permission...

I post the above picture with the permission of insanebassman. It shows an example of how the rules are misunderstood by many users.

The rules about signature size are there to make this board fuction better. Think about those that use low resolution displays and those that are on 56k modems.

@insanebassman, thankyou for your permission for me to show this.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast