Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Bittorent Client Is This?

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    i don't think it matters what client you have when it comes to high speeds. At least with me anyways, I've never had any problems with any of the clients on windows and linux.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@28 July 2004 - 17:56
    i don't think it matters what client you have when it comes to high speeds.
    There is 1 exception I know of...

Everything I've read says Shareaza has VERY BAD BitTorrent support.

So using a dedicated BitTorrent client instead of that 'jack of all trades, master of none'.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Do you know what your upload max is? Cause its prob very low. You must limit it as much as possible. And the max u can download is around 15 kB/s on a 128 line.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    does zone alarm mess with bt even when its not on?
    cause i seem to lose connectivity when i use bittorent for more than 20 minutes could zonealarm be the problem?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Almost certainly not, I had a problem like that with azureus, but i found that the azureus option to use alternative socket polling (in configuration -> transfer) stopped my problems. (the exact problem i was having was that i occassionally lost proper connectivity to my wireless router). Theres also another azureus option to slowly connect new peers whch apparently helps people with internet disconnection issues.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster
    i just removed zone alarm and all my problems were fixed perhaps in rana s a process evn though it wasnt in the taskbar. I left bottornado on all night and i finished five dl and im currently almost finished with Unreal tournament, one question though can the file be kurupt cause i had to resume it many times?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    The BT protocol ultilizes corruption handling. The only corruption possible would be on your side (bad sector, etc.).

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster
    ok cool thatnks super

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123