Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice Computer

Originally posted by Spindulik+1 July 2004 - 14:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 1 July 2004 - 14:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kaiweiler@1 July 2004 - 13:29
    The speed for the AMD Athlon 2800+ Barton is 2.083Ghz, not 1.6Ghz&#33;&#33;&nbsp;
    Then the AMD should be called AMD Athlon 2083± [/b][/quote]

No....

Just cant find the right words....

The way AMD label&#39;s their chips is not as deceptive as Intel&#39;s, as Clocker pointed out. Speed is not what a chip should be based on alone. There are so many more things that account for a great chip then speed. Im sure clocker can explain this better. My 2200+ is 1.67 MHz. But if you want to blow your load on a fast chip rather then one with better performance for cheaper, then by all means, be my guest.

Its 4:15 in the morning over here so its kinda hard to think.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by orcutt989@2 July 2004 - 00:20
    Thank&#39;s everyone for responding, i can&#39;t build one because my mom doesnt think i can, which i can with the help of some friends and relatives. But anyways, i think it is good 64mb is a lot of video memory. Right now i have 4mb of video memory. I asked the guy at the Staples store, and he said there are 2 extra PCI slots, but i will ask previous questions posted and see what happens. But now i might be able to buy a better computer. Like maybe this one. Well maybe not like that, but maybe this one but why is the 64 bit processor better, i know i sound like a newb, but all i understand is clockspeed. Are P 4&#39;s 32 bit? What is the story. What makes 64 bit better?

{Edit} this one???
    32bit processor can process 32bits of info each cycle. 64bit, does 64bits per cycle.
    so basically it&#39;s faster at a much slower sped than the 32bit processors.

all P4&#39;s are 32bit.

best i can explain, sorry. lol.

but what i do know is that windows xp 64bit is coming out and it only runs on 64bit processors so you might wanna get the 64bit if you wanna try it out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The way AMD label&#39;s their chips is not as deceptive as Intel&#39;s, as Clocker pointed out. Speed is not what a chip should be based on alone. There are so many more things that account for a great chip then speed. Im sure clocker can explain this better.
    Can someone/Clocker explain this to me...

because my friends always ask why an AMD is good or better than a P4 and why are the numbers all weird :helpsmile: and all i can is that AMD is really cheap and you don&#39;t see a noticiable difference between a AMD and Pentium 4 (unless there are big clock differences)

thanx in advance

My Blog
    I'm still here.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Your friends are asking the wrong questions.
    Or perhaps, the right question in the wrong way.

Neither chip is "better" or "worse" than the other.
    They both have strong points and weaker points.

The favoritism shown to AMD by most forum habitues is based on cost....pure and simple.
    AMD chips which compare favorably with Intel chips in terms of performance are substantially cheaper.

Unless you run Pixar studios or do something outside of normal PC use, you won&#39;t ever utilize the (theoretical) advantage of the Intel chip, but you will PAY for it up front.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+2 July 2004 - 16:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 2 July 2004 - 16:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-orcutt989@2 July 2004 - 00:20
    Thank&#39;s everyone for responding, i can&#39;t build one because my mom doesnt think i can, which i can with the help of some friends and relatives.&nbsp; But anyways, i think it is good 64mb is a lot of video memory.&nbsp; Right now i have 4mb of video memory.&nbsp; I asked the guy at the Staples store, and he said there are 2 extra PCI slots, but i will ask previous questions posted and see what happens.&nbsp; But now i might be able to buy a better computer.&nbsp; Like maybe this one.&nbsp; Well maybe not like that, but maybe&nbsp; this one&nbsp; but why is the 64 bit processor better, i know i sound like a newb, but all i understand is clockspeed.&nbsp; Are P 4&#39;s 32 bit? What is the story.&nbsp; What makes 64 bit better?&nbsp;

{Edit} this one???
    32bit processor can process 32bits of info each cycle. 64bit, does 64bits per cycle.

all P4&#39;s are 32bit.

but what i do know is that windows xp 64bit is coming out and it only runs on 64bit processors so you might wanna get the 64bit if you wanna try it out. [/b][/quote]
    Wait so the 64 bit processor wont work with any other operating system? or are you just saying windows 64 bit will only work with the 64 bit processors? and if i am photo editing, composing music, recording, listening to music, uploading websites, designing websites, searching the web, gaming, chatting, i think i am pulling more out of a computer more than the average ho hum that is playing solitare. i think i will get the first one i proclaimed, or the one that was a little better.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by orcutt989+2 July 2004 - 14:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (orcutt989 @ 2 July 2004 - 14:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@2 July 2004 - 16:18
    <!--QuoteBegin-orcutt989
    @2 July 2004 - 00:20
    Thank&#39;s everyone for responding, i can&#39;t build one because my mom doesnt think i can, which i can with the help of some friends and relatives.&nbsp; But anyways, i think it is good 64mb is a lot of video memory.&nbsp; Right now i have 4mb of video memory.&nbsp; I asked the guy at the Staples store, and he said there are 2 extra PCI slots, but i will ask previous questions posted and see what happens.&nbsp; But now i might be able to buy a better computer.&nbsp; Like maybe this one.&nbsp; Well maybe not like that, but maybe&nbsp; this one&nbsp; but why is the 64 bit processor better, i know i sound like a newb, but all i understand is clockspeed.&nbsp; Are P 4&#39;s 32 bit? What is the story.&nbsp; What makes 64 bit better?&nbsp;

{Edit} this one???

all P4&#39;s are 32bit.

but what i do know is that windows xp 64bit is coming out and it only runs on 64bit processors so you might wanna get the 64bit if you wanna try it out.
    Wait so the 64 bit processor wont work with any other operating system? or are you just saying windows 64 bit will only work with the 64 bit processors? and if i am photo editing, composing music, recording, listening to music, uploading websites, designing websites, searching the web, gaming, chatting, i think i am pulling more out of a computer more than the average ho hum that is playing solitare. i think i will get the first one i proclaimed, or the one that was a little better. [/b][/quote]
    NO the 64bit processors will still run regular OSs, but only the 64bi processors can run windows xp 64bit.

understand?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    comprendo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12