Thread: Supernode

Hey Guys Can Anyone Tell Me WHat Are Supernodes and Why Cannot I See What Files My Friend Has Shared From His Kazaa Lite We Are In The Same Building Having A Cabel-Net.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Before anyone else said :rtfm:

Read the Kazaa Guide about supernodes.

You can find your friends on the same supernode. For jumping supernodes use KaZuperNodes. You find it here.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    use regedit
    and make a copy of
    kazaa.connectioninfo
    and put it on the other computer

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by arya@24 March 2003 - 18:02
    Hey Guys Can Anyone Tell Me WHat Are Supernodes and Why Cannot I See What Files My Friend Has Shared From His Kazaa Lite We Are In The Same Building Having A Cabel-Net.
    Maybe I don't understand the question. Why do you want to look at your friends files over Kazaa when he is in the same building as you. Why don't you just go to where he lives and look at them there.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Any computer using kazaa can become a supernode. Being a supernode does not affect your performance noticeably,or nor does it affect your speed.If your computer is functioning as a supernode other kazaa users in your location will automatically upload to your machine a small list of files they are sharing. When they search, they send the search request to you as a supernode. The actual download will be directly from the computer who is sharing the file, not from you.The download goes from them to the person who wants it.
    When you connect to the Fast Track network you are assigned a super node and you send it your file list. When you search for a file, a request for that file is sent out to your super node. The super node sorts through its list and sends you back the matches.