Thread: Installing Windows Xp

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Just wondering if this is possible, or even updating 2000 to xp from a virtual drive using alcohol or daemon, ive been tempted to try but dont want to do any serious damge to my pc, as i dont think i would know how to fix it.

also i have not got a cdrw, thats why i am asking.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I've tried what you are suggesting. Eventually you are asked to insert a cd...and there the story ends.If you have the XP Corp, be wary of using the provided key.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I don't know about you, but that sounds like a BAD idea....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Get VMware which is virtual partition and a virtual drive...

Do u have a good pc? If u do use VMware to test out all the stuff ur asking. U can do this on VMware without doing anything to the rest of ur pc. So install Win2k on the VMware partition then test the update to XP from a virtual drive... If it works ok and everything then do it on ur main partition.

VMware rules for doing unsure tests like this. Its like setting a test pc but on ur own pc if u get what i mean

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Supernode's Avatar SWEDISH BT Rep: +1
    Open the ISO(or what) whith iso buster, then install. An upgrade dont need a cd.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Supernode@20 March 2003 - 11:39
    Open the ISO(or what) whith iso buster, then install. An upgrade dont need a cd.
    Yeah thats my point, it did ask for a cd for the upgrade. Its the questionable-blacklisted?-key that I am wondering about...is that why it asked for a disc? Or maybe I havent used iso buster correctly?...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    OK just tried it with Alcohol, needs the cd when it reboots and that was from an upgrade win2k to xp. so i guess and upgrade does need a cd and it does reboot so the system doesnt recognise the virtual cd before windows starts.