Thread: Trillian Msn Webcams

Hi,

I got latest Trillian Pro 2.13 (i think)
    and I got a Msn messenger set-up, but was wondering how or if I can see someone elses webcam?
    My friend has a webcam and invites me etc. but I can't see it?
    He's using ordinary Msn I think, is it compatible?

cheers!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    it's supposed to be compatible but it doesn't work very well, especially the invite feature.

try right clicking his(her?) name on your buddy list and choosing view webcam, alternatively find the webcam option on the trillian menus and attempt to view by request rather than invite.

sorry so vague. it's been a while since I've used trillian (p.o.s. )

if you have no joy, download messenger

EDIT: serves me right for watching big brother on TV while reading. you said you have messenger already, missed that hehe. yeah your newer version of msn should be compatible. just start up a conversation with him/her and have him hit the webcam button on the chat dialogue box at his end. should happen automatically then.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by manker@2 July 2004 - 22:34
    it's supposed to be compatible but it doesn't work very well, especially the invite feature.

try right clicking his(her?) name on your buddy list and choosing view webcam, alternatively find the webcam option on the trillian menus and attempt to view by request rather than invite.

sorry so vague. it's been a while since I've used trillian (p.o.s. )

if you have no joy, download messenger

EDIT: serves me right for watching big brother on TV while reading. you said you have messenger already, missed that hehe. yeah your newer version of msn should be compatible. just start up a conversation with him/her and have him hit the webcam button on the chat dialogue box at his end. should happen automatically then.
    thanks for trying to help!!