Thread: Downloads Disappearance

BluexDreams's Avatar Wha o.O
    This is about the 2nd time this happens to me, the downloads just disappear from the traffic page, and so does the data file from my shared folder.

How could the download just disappear just like that? It was downloading just fine..i was downloading 2 movies- Twisted and Gothika and it was about to finish too..

What makes a Download just disappear like that?

I don't remember how last time it went, but i think it might appear later..but this time 2 movies did..that's another thing..

Anyone got any idea?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    calesita
    Hey neb here.

I think its eather a trojan or some sort of klite incompatibility with your computer.

I bet for the trojan. Someone infected you and its dicking around in your hard drive deleting the .dat files where downloads are stored.

Or if someone wants to be paranoid, coud be some sort of RIAA (or the other organisation thats for the movies) spyware.

Hope i helped.

PD: sorry de spelling and the gramar, i'm not used to write in english anymore.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BluexDreams's Avatar Wha o.O
    Hmm...it might be. But i check the computer every single day with Ad-aware, and nothing about spywares or anything but those cookies..

Eh..thnx anywayz

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by BluexDreams@3 July 2004 - 19:14
    Hmm...it might be. But i check the computer every single day with Ad-aware, and nothing about spywares or anything but those cookies..

Eh..thnx anywayz
    adaware is sometimes not enough. it can't catch some of the trojans or worms.

maybe you can visit symantec and download some of the individual removal programs.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    If you're worried about a virus/trojan, go to TrendMicro for a free online scan. Then, if you find out that you have some, just download the tool to remove the little bugger.

Here are some link for free AV + spyware removal. I use them all. Update and scan at least weekly with all of them

Avast <--avast free antivirus.

AD-aware <--ad-aware

Spybot Search & Destroy <--spybot s&d

Later taters,
    BoNe

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!