7. Lounge   -   #7
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by hobbes@4 July 2004 - 01:17
    Time for some fresh shorts!
    ROFL!

My Blog
    I'm still here.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    In a bit of seriousness, it amazes me how much American culture is exposed world-wide.

American beer is considered "piss" worldwide, because we favor tasteless beer that just gets us drunk, and are not into the more distinctive and robust European beers.

I am a bit surprised that people in Scotland are aware of the context behind this link. I had no idea Budweiser would even bother advertising it's wares in Scotland.

It always surprises me that when I post something about an American product or television show (the Simpsons), people world-wide are very familiar with it.

However when they post something local, like Bo Selecta, we have never heard of it.

It goes so far that I only know Beckham as Posh Spice's husband. He gained his greatest fame in the US when he asked a Beverly Hills shoe store to close so he and his wife could shop. The owner asked, "who are you"?

That news story was the first time I ever heard of David Beckham.

As a P.S., I absolutely hate "Absolutely Fabulous", why Comedy Central ever picked it up is beyond me.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by hobbes@4 July 2004 - 01:36
    In a bit of seriousness, it amazes me how much American culture is exposed world-wide.

American beer is considered "piss" worldwide, because we favor tasteless beer that just gets us drunk, and are not into the more distinctive and robust European beers.

I am a bit surprised that people in Scotland are aware of the context behind this link. I had no idea Budweiser would even bother advertising it's wares in Scotland.

It always surprises me that when I post something about an American product or television show (the Simpsons), people world-wide are very familiar with it.

However when they post something local, like Bo Selecta, we have never heard of it.

It goes so far that I only know Beckham as Posh Spice's husband. He gained his greatest fame in the US when he asked a Beverly Hills shoe store to close so he and his wife could shop. The owner asked, "who are you"?

That news story was the first time I ever heard of David Beckham.

As a P.S., I absolutely hate "Absolutely Fabulous", why Comedy Central ever picked it up is beyond me.
    i think u posted in the rong thread

ROFL funny shyt

My Blog
    I'm still here.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    I like budweiser, I think it has a nice taste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast