Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Pop-up Blockers

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@6 July 2004 - 00:51
    Toolbars suck. I don`t like them. Use Ad Muncher. Blocks all the "bad" pop ups.
    I agree with you completely.

Or you could use Firefox and not need all these toolbars\popup blockers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+6 July 2004 - 01:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 6 July 2004 - 01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@6 July 2004 - 00:51

Or you could use Firefox and not need all these toolbars&#092;popup blockers. [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you completely with that too. Use it with Ad Muncher and some good extensions and the web will a ad/pop up free universe where you get to control what you see.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Sorry, but all toolbars have spyware qualities. Any of the remotely good ones can turn them off. Yes, that includes google.

This is proof of Google&#39;s participation in the spyware game.
    Yes, that includes their toolbar, as stated in the article.

Oh, and if you get a decent browser, like firefox, you won&#39;t need any toolbars or pop-up blockers, and you have to worry a lot less about... well, everything.

As for having more than one, not only would they probably slow down your browsing, most likely, but they are more likely to have conflicts than to do any more good. You also have to keep in mind that there is always a way around a pop-up blocker. Nothing is perfect.

It&#39;s my job to clean up spyware, and it&#39;s my hobby to help others prevent it. It&#39;s my business to know this stuff.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    alright.

btw, i didnt do the customer experience improvement thing and i dont use the yahoo webrank and i turned the google pagerank off.

despite all these blockers, there are these 2 pop-ups that i keep getting from certain sites. With Ad-Muncher can you tell it to block specific pop-ups?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    if it&#39;s only 2 popups, you can try adding those servers to your hosts file.

and/or download a premade hosts file.

a good one can be found here:

Code:
    http&#58;//mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+6 July 2004 - 06:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 6 July 2004 - 06:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@6 July 2004 - 00:51

Or you could use Firefox and not need all these toolbars&#092;popup blockers. [/b][/quote]
    right ye are........ also makes you immune for alot of security holes and other IE only crap (like your computer being OWNED by just clickin "OK" on certain websites)

funny how people will go to all this trouble to install better AV&#39;s, better pop-up blockers and such, while the answer is so obvious........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@6 July 2004 - 05:51
    No, actually dont because if you don&#39;t get a legit serial number then they can detect it, and then you&#39;re fucked, like i almost was if it wasn&#39;t for me moving to the moon.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by orcutt989+7 July 2004 - 12:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (orcutt989 @ 7 July 2004 - 12:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@6 July 2004 - 05:51
    No, actually dont because if you don&#39;t get a legit serial number then they can detect it, and then you&#39;re fucked, like i almost was if it wasn&#39;t for me moving to the moon. [/b][/quote]
    There is a patch the remove the check. B)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12