Thread: Need For Speed Underground On Amd Athlon 64 3200+

Does anyone know if it is possible to use Need For Speed Underground on an AMD Athlon 64 3200+?

The game installs and runs, but it runs so very very very very slowly. So slow that it is not playable at all.

My system's other spec's are ATI All-in-Wonders Radeon 8500 DV edition 64mb video ram, 1 Gig of Corsair ram, and ASUS K8V Deluxe motherboard.

Suggestion? :helpsmile:

2. Games   -   #2
    muchspl2
    sorry for doubting you on the other thread
    wish I knew more about 64bit and games, maybe in a few months

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    I dunno, hard to say.Not many ppl have that CPU.Maybe you should check if the gfx card is compatible with the game (see README.TXT) and also try updating the drivers for your gfx card, maybe that will help.

A possible reason fo the slowdown could be the CPU itself.Maybe NFSU doesen't support the AMD Athlon 64 3200+

4. Games   -   #4
    BANNED
    it should run fine,mate..the only hold back ,i think,is your 64mb,gfx card

the only one i can think here with 64 is madcat..maybe pm !!

hey much!!

5. Games   -   #5
    Did you download it? Im pretty sure its a game prob and not the cpu. Plus that graphics card isnt very good for newer games.

64-bit supports both 64-bit processes and 32 so I wouldnt blame the chip.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Games   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    how much space on your hdd??

7. Games   -   #7
    Thank you guys once again for your inputs and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Actually that systems is my bro's. I am actually on a laptop, Sony GRX 570 16.1" LCD, 1.6 GHz-M, 512 MB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 with 32 MB DDR SDRam.

NFSU works fine on my laptop, and my system is much slower than his (he has Western Digital Raptor 10,000 RPM, 74 GB for HD). I wanted to use his system since it is blazing fast, but unfortunately for this problem.

I did noticed that I had driver incompatibility problems and had to update the drivers for my bios, video card, sound card, etc. when I updated to DirectX 9.0b, which is required for NFSU. I did suggested to my bro to update his drivers, and finally got him to download them last night. However, I am not sure if he really needs them for NFSU because his DirectX 9.0b installs without any incompatibility.

Well, but you guys are right, his chip is 32bits compatible, the video card is more than adequate (mine has only 32mb of ram) and is supported by NFSU, and other hardwares are blazing fast, so the only thing left is the drivers. I will get him to install those drivers and any other ones if those are inadequate. I will keep you all posted on the results.

Thanks again guys.

8. Games   -   #8
    cockboy's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by PleaseShare@5 July 2004 - 19:34
    Thank you guys once again for your inputs and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Actually that systems is my bro's. I am actually on a laptop, Sony GRX 570 16.1" LCD, 1.6 GHz-M, 512 MB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 with 32 MB DDR SDRam.

NFSU works fine on my laptop, and my system is much slower than his (he has Western Digital Raptor 10,000 RPM, 74 GB for HD). I wanted to use his system since it is blazing fast, but unfortunately for this problem.

I did noticed that I had driver incompatibility problems and had to update the drivers for my bios, video card, sound card, etc. when I updated to DirectX 9.0b, which is required for NFSU. I did suggested to my bro to update his drivers, and finally got him to download them last night. However, I am not sure if he really needs them for NFSU because his DirectX 9.0b installs without any incompatibility.

Well, but you guys are right, his chip is 32bits compatible, the video card is more than adequate (mine has only 32mb of ram) and is supported by NFSU, and other hardwares are blazing fast, so the only thing left is the drivers. I will get him to install those drivers and any other ones if those are inadequate. I will keep you all posted on the results.

Thanks again guys.
    Yes, make him install the latest drivers, for his video card & the sound card.
    Also make sure that he has installed any software that came with his mobo, you sometimes find via chipset drivers or similar that need to be installed to make things work right.
    Direct x 9b is'nt actually needed for nfsu, it's dx8b, wont hurt though, also, directx will install, no matter what drivers are installed.

D2D

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by cockboy+5 July 2004 - 19:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cockboy @ 5 July 2004 - 19:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PleaseShare@5 July 2004 - 19:34
    Thank you guys once again for your inputs and suggestions.&nbsp; Much appreciated.

Actually that systems is my bro&#39;s.&nbsp; I am actually on a laptop, Sony GRX 570 16.1" LCD, 1.6 GHz-M, 512 MB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 with 32 MB DDR SDRam.

NFSU works fine on my laptop, and my system is much slower than his (he has Western Digital Raptor 10,000 RPM, 74 GB for HD).&nbsp; I wanted to use his system since it is blazing fast, but unfortunately for this problem.

I did noticed that I had driver incompatibility problems and had to update the drivers for my bios, video card, sound card, etc. when I updated to DirectX 9.0b, which is required for NFSU.&nbsp; I did suggested to my bro to update his drivers, and finally got him to download them last night.&nbsp; However, I am not sure if he really needs them for NFSU because his DirectX 9.0b installs without any incompatibility.&nbsp;

Well, but you guys are right, his chip is 32bits compatible, the video card is more than adequate (mine has only 32mb of ram) and is supported by NFSU, and other hardwares are blazing fast, so the only thing left is the drivers.&nbsp; I will get him to install those drivers and any other ones if those are inadequate.&nbsp; I will keep you all posted on the results.

Thanks again guys.
    Yes, make him install the latest drivers, for his video card & the sound card.
    Also make sure that he has installed any software that came with his mobo, you sometimes find via chipset drivers or similar that need to be installed to make things work right.
    Direct x 9b is&#39;nt actually needed for nfsu, it&#39;s dx8b, wont hurt though, also, directx will install, no matter what drivers are installed.

D2D [/b][/quote]
    Right