Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norton Antivirus

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    For some reason this problem has been coming up for about the passed week. When i log onto my name, or anyone else on my computer, Norton Auto-Protect does not load in taksbar like it usually does. We bought our subscribtion, and shouldnt be having this problem. The programs like NAVAPSVC.EXE and, oh..............wait it has come to my attention that ccapp.exe isnt running, and that is what runs the autoprotect and email scanning features. Which is exactly what it says is wrong when i pull up the Norton Antivirus Window. Autoprotect-OFF Email Scanning- ERROR. I had this problem a bout a year ago at the end of July when we upgraded to Windows Xp. I dont know why ccapp.exe doesnt load. When i restart the computer though auto-protect will run, but then when i log off again, and then log back on ccapp.exe does not load. and somtimes when i log off, the end task window pops up and says ccapp.exe is having problems and will now close. and then that bar comes up waiting for the program to close so you dont loose any unsaved information. and then you have to click "end task" so does anyone have any idea what is going on?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I used to encounter a few of the same errors when I was using NAV2004Pro.

I had thought it had something to do with the little trait of my copy being "not-so-legitimately-acquired". However it is nothing more than simple "bugs" with the software. I do not recall the exact reasoning behind it, but it is just something I lived with.

Simply uninstalling the application, removing the corresponding Symantec/Norton folders in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" and then re-installing NAV should clear it up. No need to remove registry entries this time around. Remember to reboot after uninstalling and then again after the install.

A pain-in-the-arse, I agree. At least it did not do it so often that it made having it nigh practical. Perhaps once every couple of months.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    do a full sysytem scan then it should auto protect. if not reinstall

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Use NOD32.

Can't believe so many people still use Norton.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@6 July 2004 - 20:41
    Use NOD32.

Can't believe so many people still use Norton.
    Thats your opinion - he's asking about norton

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    when i had norton, this happened once...i think it was actually a virus that caused it tho and it wouldnt let me auto protect...i forgot what i did...probably scanning it and getting rid of the virus...but it all worked out

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@6 July 2004 - 14:29
    when i had norton, this happened once...i think it was actually a virus that caused it tho and it wouldnt let me auto protect...i forgot what i did...probably scanning it and getting rid of the virus...but it all worked out
    No has happened to me too with NSW 2003, I did a reinstall everthing has fine.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Thank's alot for helping everyone. But i reinstalled when i had the problem last year, and it didnt do anything. And i am afraid if i uninstall, it will mess up my subscription, and 20$ down the drain.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by orcutt989@6 July 2004 - 17:41
    Thank's alot for helping everyone. But i reinstalled when i had the problem last year, and it didnt do anything. And i am afraid if i uninstall, it will mess up my subscription, and 20$ down the drain.
    How long do you have left ? Its new to me,I still using 2003 I think its better ,and no subscibtion .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P
    Hello!

This happened to me to with NAV 2004 PRO and it was the cause of a Trojan that turned off Autoprotect. Go into NAV options and turn on Autoprotect again and click ok. It will still show it is disabled but then run a complete system scan and if it finds anything try to delete it if it cannot then atleast quarantine it and it will do no harm. Then shut down NAV and re-start the computer and it should be working fine again!. Then if you like you can read on Symantecs website how to manually remove the files that NAV could not delete for you and do it!

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast