Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fish Fingers

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by J'Pol@5 July 2004 - 23:07
    Big Les

Do you feel that this frequent consumption of fish in your formative years is responsible for your unfeasibly well developed intellectual capacity. I believe Wooster may have attributed it to that.
    Wooster had one or two rather odd notions and, come to think of it, an inability to put his trousers on unless Jeeves was there to assist.

I suspect the fact the island had no electricity and my primary diversion (other than fishing) was to read, may have assisted in giving me degree of superficial literacy; although I obtained a degree of balance as I was a fan of the Navy Lark and the Goons.

I still enjoy radio come to think of it - as someone once said, the pictures are better.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Fish have fingers?

And you eat them?

I suppose that explains why none of the fish I have ever caught have fingers.
    Sara has already hooked them, gnawed them down to nubbins and then thrown them back.
    Left to fend for themselves, digitless.

Oh, the humanity!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles+6 July 2004 - 00:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 6 July 2004 - 00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@5 July 2004 - 23:07
    Big Les

Do you feel that this frequent consumption of fish in your formative years is responsible for your unfeasibly well developed intellectual capacity. I believe Wooster may have attributed it to that.
    Wooster had one or two rather odd notions and, come to think of it, an inability to put his trousers on unless Jeeves was there to assist.

I suspect the fact the island had no electricity and my primary diversion (other than fishing) was to read, may have assisted in giving me degree of superficial literacy; although I obtained a degree of balance as I was a fan of the Navy Lark and the Goons.

I still enjoy radio come to think of it - as someone once said, the pictures are better. [/b][/quote]
    The pictures on radio are very much more personalised.

I love listening to old radio shows. Hancock is fan-tastic, I think that is where Kenneth Williams did his best work, by far. As did Sid James.

The Wild Man of the Woods just cracks me up.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by clocker@5 July 2004 - 23:23
    Fish have fingers?

And you eat them?

Sara has already hooked them, gnawed them down to nubbins and then thrown them back.

Oh, the humanity&#33;
    When put like that it does seem rather cruel

Sara ....repent&#33;&#33;&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Scotch Pies are sold by "Cut me own Throat" Dibbler...... you need to be absolutely out of your face to eat them....

Now Fish Finger Sandwiches..... nice

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@5 July 2004 - 23:36
    Scotch Pies are sold by "Cut me own Throat" Dibbler...... you need to be absolutely out of your face to eat them....

Now Fish Finger Sandwiches..... nice
    They are, like the Doner Kebab, a litmus test

If you fancy one you really have had too much - but once that point is reached you will climb the North face of the Eiger to get one.

J&#39;Pol

Round the Horn was classic material - Even Hitch Hikers Guide was better on radio.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by sara5564@5 July 2004 - 10:47
    I just had a fish finger sandwich....I love em but some people think they are gross....whats the board opinion on this hot fishy snack?
    Fishfinger and gravy sandwiches

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmyyyyyy

And very messy

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #28
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Originally posted by Biggles+5 July 2004 - 23:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 5 July 2004 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@5 July 2004 - 23:23
    Fish have fingers?

And you eat them?

Oh, the humanity&#33;
    When put like that it does seem rather cruel

Sara ....repent&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    What can I say? My primeval tendencies are revealed.

Occasionally I feel the need to sucumb to the violence within me, gouging the innocent flesh and with not so much as a mere thought for its suffering, toss back the fingerless creature to the cold and fathomless depths that acts like a window to my soul.....

Seriously though......my dears...

I will explain......

the....fish....is...caught...whole...and...then....filleted...

it....is...then...cut...in...to....rectangles...

which are the &#39;fingers&#39; being referred to. They are then breadcrumbed and frozen, ready to be made available in any just about any freezer compartment in the UK.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Fishfingers with melted cheese and salad cream on buttys

now thats

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Prodigy Girl's Avatar The Wrong Child
    I liked them as a kid, but now I&#39;ve grown out of them.

Fish sticks/fingers are usually frozen, right?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast