Thread: Behind A Firewall?

whats a firewall? but i think i'm behind a firewall as the colour on my BT circle is yellow..and my dl speed is real slow...how can i disengage my firewall? will there be any side effects if i do so? pls help me...THANKS

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by tzetai@5 July 2004 - 11:54
    whats a firewall? but i think i'm behind a firewall as the colour on my BT circle is yellow..and my dl speed is real slow...how can i disengage my firewall? will there be any side effects if i do so? pls help me...THANKS
    You should not use the internet without an active firewall.

However you should also not have two (software) firewalls running on the same machine. If you use XP and another firewall then switch the XP one off.

If you are having a problem running a program that requires access to the internet, then just tell the firewall that this is allowed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    oh thanks...well i actually tried running my comp with my firewall off and the dl speed was really fast. ermm.. what side effects will occur when my firewall is not activated??

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by tzetai@9 July 2004 - 02:15
    oh thanks...well i actually tried running my comp with my firewall off and the dl speed was really fast. ermm.. what side effects will occur when my firewall is not activated??
    You don't want to find out , just make sure you are running one other than the built in XP one. Zone Alarm, Sygate, something.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"