Thread: Share Whole Cd

Poster
    How I can change the music from a CD to .mp3 for sharing? The Windows Media changes the CD to .wma, so whats the difference between those types?
    Funny?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    .wma is an exact copy of the cd.. most people convert to .mp3 because it compresses the file and uses up less disk space. The trade off is quality, but the human ear can't really tell the difference between higher bitrate .mp3's (say 192 k) and .wma's

If you've got plenty of disk space don't worry about it! You can share .wma just as well as you can share .mp3

..just so long as you share!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by barbarossa@5 July 2004 - 17:33
    .wma is an exact copy of the cd.. most people convert to .mp3 because it compresses the file and uses up less disk space. The trade off is quality, but the human ear can't really tell the difference between higher bitrate .mp3's (say 192 k) and .wma's

If you've got plenty of disk space don't worry about it! You can share .wma just as well as you can share .mp3

..just so long as you share!
    err a wma can be played at a lower bitrate eg 64 and sound the same as an mp3 at 128 yet that up half the size...
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:19 AM.
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    If you want to share, use mp3 as it is the "standard" and most supported by players etc. (for example, I dont DL wma or mp3's under 192k)

There is lotsa ways/tools/formats to rip a audio-CD, but mp3 is the most used format.
    And, if you rip them cd's at 192k, you'll get more friends.

There is some pinneds about ripping in MusicWorld, you should take a look there too.

Stay away from wma or any Windows Audio/Video formats,
    they suck, imo.
    Btw, the format on the cd is called *.cda (Compact Disc Audio), if you rip it to your HD and you like to have
    a really good quality (as it is on cd) you'd go for *.wav (Waveform Audio) files.

Spoiler: Show

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@5 July 2004 - 22:15
    If you want to share, use mp3 as it is the "standard" and most supported by players etc. (for example, I dont DL wma or mp3's under 192k)

There is lotsa ways/tools/formats to rip a audio-CD, but mp3 is the most used format.
    And, if you rip them cd's at 192k, you'll get more friends.

There is some pinneds about ripping in MusicWorld, you should take a look there too.

Stay away from wma or any Windows Audio/Video formats,
    they suck, imo.
    Btw, the format on the cd is called *.cda (Compact Disc Audio), if you rip it to your HD and you like to have
    a really good quality (as it is on cd) you'd go for *.wav (Waveform Audio) files.

sorry yeah agree. only reason i said what i said was that i recently found out that theres no diff. and only reason i know is cos my mp3 player stores like twice as many wmas than mp3

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Well, as it is said many times in the boards, each on their own.

Everyone has their own way of doing things.

If im about to rip a cd, i know what i want, it will be atleast 192k mp3.
    Sometimes even bigger.
    Most folks has HD space (if you run out of HD-sace, burn 'em, burn 'em all...)
    and DL-speeds are getting so fast that collecting wma or 128k single files
    sounds a bit funny i think. But thats me, he he.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy+5 July 2004 - 21:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hungrylilboy @ 5 July 2004 - 21:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-barbarossa@5 July 2004 - 17:33

..just so long as you share!&nbsp;
    err a wma can be played at a lower bitrate eg 64 and sound the same as an mp3 at 128 yet that up half the size... [/b][/quote]
    Oops! I thought he said .wav ... Doh!

Sorry, I meant .wav too and I put .wma

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by barbarossa+6 July 2004 - 10:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 6 July 2004 - 10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy@5 July 2004 - 21:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-barbarossac
    @5 July 2004 - 17:33

..just so long as you share!&nbsp;

err a wma can be played at a lower bitrate eg 64 and sound the same as an mp3 at 128 yet that up half the size...

Sorry, I meant .wav too and I put .wma [/b][/quote]
    Heh, i thought it looked a bit odd too.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by barbarossa+6 July 2004 - 09:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 6 July 2004 - 09:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy@5 July 2004 - 21:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-barbarossa
    @5 July 2004 - 17:33

..just so long as you share! &nbsp;

Sorry, I meant .wav too and I put .wma [/b][/quote]
    lol let u off barb
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:20 AM.