Thread: Weird But Big Problem...

ok so i decide to clean out my case because theres so much dust in there...so i turn off the power supply, disconnect everything, and take it outside....i use one of those air spray things and get dust out of most places.....then i plug everything back in and turn on my computer....the fans going, cpu fans going, sounds like HDD started up, powers on....but nothing comes up on the monitor...so i wait a few minutes and still nothing happens....so i press a key on the keyboard and the computer starts up...its all normal normal blah blah and then i try to type something and nothing happens...the light on the keyboard is off ...so i unplug, plug,unplug, plug it back in....when i plug it in the lights on the keyboard flashes once....but it wont work...the mouse works and everything seems like its working but the keyboard wont work....i restart and i have to press a key on the keyboard to turn it on, meaning it has to be sending information to the computer....and at startup, the Asus motherboard says something but i can understand it because it sounds like a robot mouse trying to talk....it sometimes happens but sometimes doesnt....and i still cant fix this...argh how do i fix this? i cant use my computer without a keyboard.....ok thx

oh and all i disconnected while i was cleaning the case was one fan but i reconnected it...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    sounds kinda like a keyboard key is stuck down or something...that cuases it to sometimes not be found at bootup.

can u try using a different keyboard? make sure no pins are bent.

is it usb or PS/2?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    its a ps/2...its pretty old but it was working fine all this time....i have no other keyboards....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    hrmmm.....it works now for some odd reason....o well as long as it works