Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sp1 Re-installation

manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by Robert00000@7 July 2004 - 23:23
    To repair XP put the disk in and choose to upgrade.

It will repair windows keeping all the apps in place but will get rid of SP1.
    thats basically what I wanted to know, I can install SP1 at a later time once windows is repaired.

thanks a lot robert
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by manker+7 July 2004 - 23:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 7 July 2004 - 23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Robert00000@7 July 2004 - 23:23

thats basically what I wanted to know, I can install SP1 at a later time once windows is repaired.

thanks a lot robert [/b][/quote]
    No problem.
    Robert00000

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by manker@7 July 2004 - 11:34

OK, another question: if I download a copy of XP-pro with SP1 integrated would I be able to do a repair install over the top of my current (damaged) XP-pro? would that fix it?
    If you get a hold of the windows xp pro with sp1 on it, and do an upgrade it should work fine. I have done some like these and it worked.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Robert00000@7 July 2004 - 18:16

with mine u run setup then eventually it sayd there is already an OS on this partition (after u choose the partition u want to repair) then it asks if u want to repair it and u say yes...
    nothing about upgrading.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Yeah I don&#39;t think u can upgrade in this mode just remove,install or repair, when you have these sort of probs its just as easy reinstalling with a sp1 integrated copy, some early pirate xp copies need a crack to install the sp1 pack.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Well, it worked just fine, I decided to download a copy of XP-pro with SP1 integrated and installed it from within windows.

I burnt it, popped in the disk, chose the upgrade option and it installed without any drama, thanks again to anyone that helped
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12