Thread: Please Help, Lotr Fans!

:helpsmile: Hi. My friend is sat downstairs, telling me that in LOTR the fellowship of the ring, when gandalf is hanging by his fingertips from the bridge of khazad-dum, having been knocked off by the balrogs whip, the last words he says to the fellowship before he falls are " run, you fools ". Now I believe he says " fly, you fools ". I have checked the book, I've watched the scene 20 times on both the fellowship dvd, AND the two towers (in the recap at the beginning) both with and without subtitles, and he (i'm sure) says "fly" My friend admits his lips mouth the word fly, but reckons "run" has been dubbed over, regardless of what the dvd subtitles say. Am I going mad? I'm sure I'm right, but this guy has proved me wrong 100's of times before. Thanks for any help I may recieve.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    i think its run

if u have the DVD put subtitles on

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    i just watched it. He says fly

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    "Over the bridge" Gandalf
    "Fly" Gandalf
    "You cannot pass" Gandalf
    "Gandalf" Froto
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor" Gandalf
    "The dark fire will not avail you, frame of Udun!" Gandalf
    "Go back to the Shadow" Gandalf
    "You shall not pass!" Gandalf
    "No! No!"
    "Gandalf" Froto
    "Fly, you fools" Gandalf

Watched it with subtitles. If you turn it up its very easy to tell he says fly. I thought it was run
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    thanks very much. I've showed him what you guys said, I've shown him the subtitles, I've turned the surround sound right up, and he still says its "run". he thinks he might have an ear-resonance-tonal thingy, I say hes a twat. Thanks for your help, I can stop listening now.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    The same guy also reckons Luke Skywalker never achieved the level of Jedi Knight, and doesn't believe me that the 'T' in Captain. James T.Kirk is for Tiberius.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Go here for the Star Trek info. More of a Stargate guy myself though.

Tell your friend to go see a shrink and get him institutionalised or tell him to get his facts straight.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Hum he said Run run to the hills and skip and jump and pick wild flowers and make love get aids and die

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by Voetsek@6 July 2004 - 12:04
    Hum he said Run run to the hills and skip and jump and pick wild flowers and make love get aids and die

Yoda told Luke that his final task to become a Jedi was to face his father. He did that so I guess he did become one before he died.