Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Protector V1.0

Restart Kazaa... should be Restart Kazaa without the ..., because the ... symbolises more options in a new window/dialog box. (So maybe instead put About... and/or Config...)
    dint get that part sure hope Evil Betty did
    Options to open up with kpp.exe/kazaa executable or not. (And other KPP/K++/Kazaa/Lite/Startup options etc.)
    Kazaa and KzLock wont start toguether no more.
    A shortcut will be created on the desktop that openes KzLock and Kazaa (if not already opened) and the old Kazaa shortcuts will load Kazaa only
    NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Evil Betty, wats the whole point in making a protector when u can access Kazaa without it? all u have to do is end kpp.exe n KazaaLite.kpp even wen its locked n open Kazaa from the default shortcut. dint do much testing coz this release is a major flop (sorry for the downer). it should be like before, only option is not to Autolock Kazaa at start up or to AutoLock it but Kazaa Protector MUST start with Kazaa!
    I can shrink it down if i redooo the project on Masm32 insteed of Delphi but the GUI will suffer. I like a good looking app more than a small one some times.
    if its not too much to ask, pls redo the project Masm32. filesize is much more important than the GUI!n besides only the config n about menu looks fancy.maybe redoing it will also fix other bugs n errors(like the STI menu bug)
    1 more thing ive noticed y isnt the uninstaller deleted after uninstalling?
    Keep at it Einstein

2. File Sharing   -   #82
    What I mean by the ... at the end of words: just look at Microsoft's menu items, the ones with ... at the end will open up a new dialog box or something similar (usually options and settings etc.). For example look at Internet Explorer's menu items.

Yes, I agree that KzLock must be started with Kazaa, but what if sometimes Kazaa doesn't start (i.e. has some errors or something that prevents it from starting etc.)??? And vice versa if KzLock doesn't start but Kazaa does.

And also it would be a good idea to switch from Delphi to Masm32, as even hasnain (the maker of K-Sig/Dat) is switching out of Delphi to Visual C++, because he says Delphi has slower processing time or something and larger file sizes. At the same time it may also fix up the STI menu bug.

There should also be password protection or encryption on normal Kazaa uninstall (and maybe even Kazaa install, as siblings and others could install over/on top of current Kazaa and mess things up, maybe require it to uninstall the current Kazaa first and/or ask for password first), and/or password protect/encrypt Kazaa's system files so that they can't get deleted even if Kazaa is closed. I know this may not be 100% foolproof, but give it a shot.

Also all uninstaller files should be deleted after uninstall.

P.S. Einstein, I have also sent the 2 kpp.exe zip files to all 3 E-Mails "properly" now, they should work, please check them ASAP!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #83
    but what if sometimes Kazaa doesn't start (i.e. has some errors or something that prevents it from starting etc.)??? And vice versa if KzLock doesn't start but Kazaa does.
    simple uninstall it or uninstall Kazaa if uninstalling Protector does no good n send kpp.exe to Einstein!
    There should also be password protection or encryption on normal Kazaa uninstall (and maybe even Kazaa install, as siblings and others could install over/on top of current Kazaa and mess things up, maybe require it to uninstall the current Kazaa first and/or ask for password first), and/or password protect/encrypt Kazaa's system files so that they can't get deleted even if Kazaa is closed. I know this may not be 100% foolproof, but give it a shot.
    yea smetin like that would sure be helpful. u could make kpp.exe a read only file or smetin or smehow replace the Kazaa Lite uninstaller wit a password protected 1. neways dont 4get the My Shared Folder protection. Pls try to come up wit smetin B)
    BTW i think it would be better if in the About Box, it went v1.x.x instead of V.1.x.x
    cheers

4. File Sharing   -   #84
    Evil betty, if the reason y you remove the start with kazaa is problem with kpp.exe then you should let us download a pre patched one with standard install path

the KzlockAddOn.dll was a good compromise between security and stability.

maybee having a option to choose pathing mode (dll, kpp.exe, download pre-patched kpp.exe from url or just dont start with kazaa) could be usefull, saying that kpp.exe is in betta and if it crash please use dll method

also backup kpp.exe to something like kpp.res or kpp.old becose some ppl had problem with uninstalling

5. File Sharing   -   #85
    Poster
    it actually wasnt a limit its just a security thing. I must protect dont i? thats why i made the Shortcut on the Destop to run KzLite. aldo they both reside in the same executable.

6. File Sharing   -   #86
    Poster
    Changed Config Menu!
    Fixed dblclick on try icon bug.
    Updates to KzLock Core
    Updates to KzLock Uninstall

Download KzLock 1.1.4
    Download KzLock 1.1.4 Stand-Alone (NO INSTALL)

7. File Sharing   -   #87
    the KzlockAddOn.dll was a good compromise between security and stability.
    i'd prefer the patch nedays, works gr8 for me.
    maybee having a option to choose pathing mode (dll, kpp.exe, download pre-patched kpp.exe from url or just dont start with kazaa) could be usefull, saying that kpp.exe is in betta and if it crash please use dll method
    i agree but for the dll thing. the patch works wonders!
    also backup kpp.exe to something like kpp.res or kpp.old becose some ppl had problem with uninstalling
    not necessary as most ppl (like myself)have never had ne problems wit it. u could do the backup urself.
    im downloading the new release, ill test it n get back ASAP
    cheers

8. File Sharing   -   #88
    but then again, i think i wont. Einstein its all wrong again! u can start Kazaa witout the Protector. i think u should redo ur program on Masm32 upto version 1.1.2 (im still using that version n happy wit it) n continue developing from there on. last 2 releases were major flops. serves no purpose just adds a lil file size. secfan would agree im sure.
    Einstein pls concentrate on the more important things like the My Shared Folder n other bugs(which i hope would go away wen u redo ur program)
    10x in advance

9. File Sharing   -   #89
    einstein at it again! I like what you did with the task manager process, now kzlock can't really be ended...

only way to uninstall is running KzLockRemove.exe, right?

Basically you've covered more than enough to keep conventional users from snooping in your kazaa. As I understand it's meant to keep your kazaa safe until you return to your downloads, not to make kazaa exclusively for your own use. In any event very useful for me...

Thx for a great prog (and mentioning me in credits, I wasn't expecting that )

10. File Sharing   -   #90
    Originally posted by winXPHE@1 April 2003 - 17:58
    but then again, i think i wont. Einstein its all wrong again! u can start Kazaa witout the Protector. i think u should redo ur program on Masm32 upto version 1.1.2 (im still using that version n happy wit it) n continue developing from there on. last 2 releases were major flops. serves no purpose just adds a lil file size. secfan would agree im sure.
    Einstein pls concentrate on the more important things like the My Shared Folder n other bugs(which i hope would go away wen u redo ur program)
    10x in advance
    Yes, nothing much has really been changed after v1.12, only minor things that can't really be spotted except the config. Most of my suggestions have not been implemented, especially the ones about opening multiple About boxes and not being able to make other boxes active etc. Just read my posts above and please implement them ASAP!!!

And also there are still some flaws, if you end both kpp.exe and kazaalite.kpp through the Windows Task Manager, and then restart Kazaa, the lock is broken. (Unless the user doesn't have access to the Windows Task Manager.) And if someone ends kazaalite.kpp only, Kazaa will be shutdown anyway and downloads cannot continue (and afterwards siblings could still press No if it asked for restarting Kazaa). Maybe some protection on making it not possible to end either kpp.exe, kazaalite.kpp or both, or hiding those processes or something like that... But obviously not all flaws are possible to block, for example you can't really prevent someone turning the computer off, logging off, restarting, shutting down or a power cut etc. (and after that deleting kzlock/kazaa through DOS or even within Windows) but those are really physical flaws and we just want to prevent those basic flaws. (And also does KzLock get screwed up if someone installs a fresh copy of Kazaa/Lite on top of what's already on the hard drive with KzLock???)

And maybe an option to make it auto-restart (if it detects if Kazaa isn't started), options for whether it asks for restart (if it detects Kazaa isn't started) or not and limited access etc. And also a more graphical based uninstallation (instead of just DOS prompt) would be nice (just like the actual KzLock program.)

So please try and implement any/most/all of my appropriate bugs/suggestions that I have written here. Thanx!!! B)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast