Thread: Dvd/cd Combo Drive

:helpsmile: i have a dvd/cd combo drive, region code has been fix at region 1, can someone advice, how to free this region code?
    model : sony cd-rw crx300e

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Remember to close your tags.

I think the only way to unlock it is by finding a cracked firmware, then flashing teh drive with it.

Search google for your DVD-ROM drive's model number followed by things like "firmware", "cracked firmware", etc.

also help if you told us the model number.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If it's to play movies, you could use dvd genie if you have a compatible dvd softwareplayer.

dvd genie

It worked on my hitachi gd-7500, supposedly locked at region 2, with powerdvd.
    Mind you, it was an old version, and they may have removed the possibility.

EDit
    This seems to be able to enable you to play anything, but you will need a crack after 30 days if you do not want to pay.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K12RA

I am strugglin to find any firmware for this DVD drive on my Acer Aspire 1356LMi.

I wanna make the drive region free.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by SnnY@6 July 2004 - 22:28
    If it's to play movies, you could use dvd genie if you have a compatible dvd softwareplayer.

dvd genie

EDit
    This seems to be able to enable you to play anything, but you will need a crack after 30 days if you do not want to pay.
    i have download "crack firmware" DVDreset_1.0b5.bin file. but i can't open/? program should i use.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by k1k12s123+7 July 2004 - 12:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (k1k12s123 @ 7 July 2004 - 12:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SnnY@6 July 2004 - 22:28
    If it&#39;s to play movies, you could use dvd genie if you have a compatible dvd softwareplayer.

dvd genie

EDit
    i have download "crack firmware" DVDreset_1.0b5.bin file. but i can&#39;t open/? program should i use. [/b][/quote]
    You will need to find the firmware installer too. Hopefully it should be on the same site as the one where you found the firmware. If not, I wouldn&#39;t combine firmware and installer from 2 different sites, far too risky.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.