Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Include Supernode In Posts?

Poster
    @ Bender...i have checked the rules here and dont see any mention of not giving out dyn ip's and have seen dyn ip's posted on this board recently.
    Its nothing like giving out your home address you made me laugh using that comparrison ....how can it all be about privacy in p2p when you only have to use datview to see the ip if all the sources you have downloaded from and you mods see the ip's of everyone who posts here,i think. ...and we all know how easy it is to get an IP from anyone in klchat,so i just think what you said was a bit OTT(over the top)

2. Music   -   #12
    Why not use a standard set of Supernodes that we can connect to.

You can download a file with supernodes here.

The supernodes are:

clifton
    Jasmine
    longash
    twiddler

They are usually 24/7 online

Sort them by alphabet and use the first supernode on line.

Right now this will be clifton.

So all you have to post is something like: "I am at clifton's" and we will know where to get your files. No need to post IP's
    Maybe you can add your favorite or current supernode to your signature?

3. Music   -   #13
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Bender@20 March 2003 - 13:32
    Posting IP's - dynamic or not - isn't allowed here, it's like revealing someone's home adress.
    It's all about privacy in p2p, you don't want the 'evil' side to have your adress, do you?
    I was thinking of posting the supernode IP, not MY IP.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

4. Music   -   #14
    I was thinking of posting the supernode IP, not MY IP.--
    There is nothing wrong with posting your owns ip, but somone elses without his permission, hmmmm..........

Use one of the SN's mentioned above. Needs no IP posting and it works!

5. Music   -   #15
    Originally posted by Muse@21 March 2003 - 08:40
    There is nothing wrong with posting your owns ip, but somone elses without his permission, hmmmm..........

Use one of the SN's mentioned above. Needs no IP posting and it works!
    I agree, if you are going to post your ip, then the person generally has some idea of what they are doing, and the consequences. For most noobs, i don't see this happening because of all the "Aren't you afraid to get caught" posts.

I think posting of my ip (dynamic) would help speed releases. This goes for some of my releases too. You know how many pms i have to answer about the 'no sources', and i just ask them for their ip, or send them mine. This would take out a lot of that middle ground, and let everyone focus on what is important, sharing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12