Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just A Thought

Originally posted by harrycary@7 July 2004 - 20:33
    while improving your cooling in a PC can be beneficial, what you are attempting is a complete exercise in futility.

i mean, you will be putting yourself way past the point of diminishing returns.

believe me the performance gains to be had are negligible at best and more than likey not noticeable in everyday use.

but, if you've got the time and money, knock yourself out.

peace,
    alot of what computer modding people do is pretty much unnoticeable, i have a 2800 barton, stock speed is 2.08Ghz and when i have it at 2.3Ghz i see slim to no difference in speed. Even if it had a noticeable difference it's would only be a quarter of a secound or something Irrelevant or negligible. I agree with harrycarry. I'm just trying to say that 1.8Ghz will do what you need but its fun for some to spend lots of time and money to get 2.35 Ghz or 4.23Ghz even though its differences are Insignificant.
    For kai he enjoys it but will have 2 quit modding and smoking for he has too save his money and buy a car.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Originally posted by scottwile@7 July 2004 - 22:52
    For kai he enjoys it but will have 2 quit modding and smoking for he has too save his money and buy a car.

So sad, yet so true....
    I might give the above plan a try in my current case. Then I wouldn't have to by a new case, any more fans or anything. And I can easily construct the ducts out of household items. So there would be no extra cost at all.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123