Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Does My Dreamcast Come Out In Black And White?

BANNED
    I then goto my VCR Input Select and it comes out with this
    m8,with rf,you have to tune in to a channel...

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    Yeah, ok, but check...

The RCA is in the VCR RCA In, the RF-Out goes to the TV RF-In, when I click input select, it changes my TV channel from static to the DC black and white screen, which means no tuning required. I've just gone and connected my Xbox and PS2 to my TV the same way, RCA from the console to RCA in the VCR, than RF-Out from the VCR to RF-In on the TV, just have to push input select on the VCR and it takes me to the console screen...

(which does look better than RF, and I just made the swap from RF to RCA now, never knowing that I could play RCA on that TV, cause I never thought of connecting RCA to the VCR and then RF to the TV, but it works, so yay&#33

There might be initial tuning on TV to find the VCRs Input Select, but then it's set, So tuning the input select further wont help get the DC in color.

I can connect the DC to my PC via a TV Tuner, the color comes out fine, it looks good, but I cant get sound because the TV tuner Video In supports RCA, while the Audio In only supports standard jacks, and the DC Audio jack is RCA, so there's nothing I can do there either
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

3. Games   -   #13
    Poster
    I'm in South Africa, we don't get TV's with Scart on them
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Games   -   #14
    Originally posted by Vamp@9 July 2004 - 09:04
    is it simply a case of an NTSC machine not being compatible with a PAL TV? The DC works fine on my LG flatron, but that's because it has RCA ports and is a multi-system TV.
    that's the problem. you need an NTSC-to-PAL conversion device, to make it display correctly on an old-fashioned PAL television. only the multi-system televisions will support it without a converter.

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    Going out today to get a Y-Converter, so I can connect the DC to my TV Tuner on my PC, at least the DC will be in the comfort of my room, but will be a few feet away from his brother and sister Ps2 and Xbox and won't be able to form the Triad Of Ecstacy
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12