Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cant Delete

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by {%shellshock%}+8 July 2004 - 16:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({%shellshock%} &#064; 8 July 2004 - 16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-&#091;B
    [O][T],8 July 2004 - 07:49] I guess it&#39;s a AVI file right?
    Re-boot in safe-mode and delete the file, or use google and search for XP-AVI-FIX.ini or AVIFIX.ini and install the file.

BOT
    No need to do all this.Just restart and close everything and delete.This work&#39;s for me every time.[/b][/quote]
    Welcome to the board , love your SIG.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by sampson+8 July 2004 - 12:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sampson @ 8 July 2004 - 12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#091;B
    [O][T],8 July 2004 - 01:49] I guess it&#39;s a AVI file right?
    Re-boot in safe-mode and delete the file, or use google and search for XP-AVI-FIX.ini or AVIFIX.ini and install the file.

BOT
    No, it&#39;s not an avi. I &#39;cut&#39; portions of several pictures from &#39;paint&#39; and &#39;pasted&#39; them to my desktop. When you do so, they are automatically titled &#39;scrap&#39;. Those are the files I want to delete. [/b][/quote]
    write down names of the files, including extension.

alt-ctrl-del, endprocess explorer.exe, then click file>new task>type cmd>now in the ocmmand prompt type:
    del C:&#092;documents and settings&#092;[username]&#092;desktop&#092;filename.extension
    Then once you have done that to all the files u need deleted close teh command prompt, back to task manager>new task>explorer.exe>enter

there now you are back to teh desktop and the files will be gone. Good luck.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by peat moss@9 July 2004 - 01:31

Welcome to the board , love your SIG.
    Thanks,Some how I knew people would like it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by ZaZu@7 July 2004 - 23:47
    WhoLockMe is what you are looking for, its self-explainitory
    Hey mabey a closer look is needed. Where do you find this shit? Software for NooBs ?

B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I&#39;ve been using a piece of freeware called MoveOnBoot. It is available at the here...http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

In my experience I&#39;ve learned that Windows XP has a flaw where this is occuring but M&#036; hasn&#39;t done anything about this bug. Maybe it will be fixed with the upcoming SP2.

Anyways, this little piece of software works wonderfully for me and while you can achieve the same results manually, it&#39;s a far easier process. Just right click the file you want to delete and it will be deleted automatically when either doing a hard or a soft reboot.

regards,

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by harrycary@8 July 2004 - 22:38
    I&#39;ve been using a piece of freeware called MoveOnBoot. It is available at the here...http://www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

In my experience I&#39;ve learned that Windows XP has a flaw where this is occuring but M&#036; hasn&#39;t done anything about this bug. Maybe it will be fixed with the upcoming SP2.

Anyways, this little piece of software works wonderfully for me and while you can achieve the same results manually, it&#39;s a far easier process. Just right click the file you want to delete and it will be deleted automatically when either doing a hard or a soft reboot.

regards,
    Thanks&#33; Great link&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by pegboy+9 July 2004 - 00:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pegboy @ 9 July 2004 - 00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pegboy@8 July 2004 - 03:22
    the program is most likely being used by explorer. Kill explorer and delete the file from the command prompt
    :music1: [/b][/quote]
    yes, that&#39;s the best way :music1:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12