Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spyware - Should It Be Illegal?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I've been thinking about this.

The spyware that installs without permission, that changes your search page and homepage, that is hard to get rid of, that doesn't have an uninstaller ( ) should be illegal, along with the kind that steels info about u such as name and credit card number to other people, also be illegal.

Spyware should be installed either how patchou has it (which still isn't the greatest) or by opening a seperate installer for the spyware, with a title "spyware "clearly visible.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    People blame websites for not protecting their credit cards when they purchase an order or anything else. The first question asked is

"Is it safe to shop from that website?"

Of course it is you idiot

It's the spyware/scumware on your computer that steals the information, not the website.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by KazaaBoy@8 July 2004 - 20:51
    People blame websites for not protecting their credit cards when they purchase an order or anything else. The first question asked is

"Is it safe to shop from that website?"

Of course it is you idiot

It's the spyware/scumware on your computer that steals the information, not the website.
    Good point, and yet, I still ask, why is spyware still legal?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    spose i will add my own little warped reply....

look at it this way...there are programmes to get rid of spyware...use them!

throwing litter on the floor is punishable but if people didn't throw trash on the floor then the litter picking people would be out of a job...

all this spyware is cyber litter and people get paid to find ways of sorting out the problem...just read things a little more carefully and run stuff like spybot or ad-aware once in a while....

more than likely people will disagree with me (as bloody usual) but nevermind.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by threelions00@9 July 2004 - 12:19
    throwing litter on the floor is punishable but if people didn't throw trash on the floor then the litter picking people would be out of a job...

all this spyware is cyber litter and people get paid to find ways of sorting out the problem...
    lol...never thought of it that way. And yes people, I'm not infested with spyware or anything, infact I just updated Spysweeper and Spybot, ran both and nothing was found. So I'm good there, I just thought about throwing my own opinions in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123