Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Me! "invalid System Disk" Problem

Poster
    Originally posted by Chilly+21 March 2003 - 13:20--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chilly @ 21 March 2003 - 13:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -JmiF@20 March 2003 - 23:31
    <!--QuoteBegin--SideSwiped
    @21 March 2003 - 00:19
    Okay, I have just one stupid question about this, if there are multiple drives, are either of these drives set to active??????? I mean, if neither drive is active, the system can&#39;t boot from nothing and even the boot disk isn&#39;t going to help unless a program is installed and automatically sets an active drive or partition.

What on earth are you talking about. A system will boot without there even being a hard drive installed, never mind a partition set as active. As long as the floppy, or CD is a boot disk.

There has been no mention of FDISK here. Even if there was the floppy would still boot the PC.

How do you think a system can boot without the hdd having any partitions.

This is the sort of nonsense that annoys me.
    @JmiF, you seem to have a very short fuse, the quote given was a question?

Sometimes you can be arrogant and abrupt. [/b][/quote]
    The first part of the quote was a question, I can tell that by the 7 question marks. It is also a stupid question, as the poster acknowledged themselves. The next part is a statement, which includes a double negative (can&#39;t boot from nothing). It is also factually incorrect and misleading to the person who asked the question. Who themselves stated that they didn&#39;t know a lot about the subject.

Yes I do sometimes have a short fuse, when dealing with drivel like this. However if you read my earlier post, then you will see that far from being abrupt it is quite comprehensive. In fact it even offers additional help if required. Neither is it arrogant, the poster certainly didn&#39;t seem to think so in his reply.

Please don&#39;t take this as me caring what you think, nothing could be further from the truth. However I refuse to be insulted when I have gone to the bother of trying to help someone who has asked for that help. Neither will I stand by and let someone else mislead them.

If you don&#39;t ike this we can agree to differ. You go on helping your way and I will go on doing it mine.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    OKAY DID ANYONE THINK OF ASKING ME NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; when i just solved the problem recently....

1) TAKE OUT HARD DRIVE -- SLAVE IT TO ANOTHER COMPUTER
    2) THEN TAKE WHAT INFO YOU NEED, FORMAT HARD DRIVE
    3) PUT HARD DRIVE BACK -- USE A BOOT DISK TO GO TO COMMAND PROMPT SCREEN <-- FIRST SWITCH BIO TO READ FLOPPY DRIVE FIRST
    3) REINSTALL WINDOWS
    4) SHOULD WORK AFTER THAT

-- thatz how i fixed it...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    konableim
    hi....I'm new to this site, and I don't know how to do anything.....except for reply to people's questions. I'm having the same problem with another computer, and I tried to use a boot disk, but it does nothing.......I really know nothing about this stuff.....can anyone help me?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    i think that u shoud restart your PC. and insert a startup disk.
    than format drive C completely, and then install WinXP all over again.....
    Me too

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123