Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Writer

I'm going to buy a DVD writer in the next few days. I want to be able to copy movies that I rent as well But I here that only certain writers are capable of this since rented movies have encrypted/security stuff. Basically, I want to make sure that I can copy any DVD no matter what. What kind of burner do I need to get. What specs am I looking for??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Maybe you should research a bit first. Find out which type of DVD writer would work best for you.
    You may want to start here
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i hear the "NEC ND-2500A" is good.......... plus you can hack its firmware to turn it into a double layer DVD burner........ thats 50% free!!!!!
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@8 July 2004 - 11:21
    Maybe you should research a bit first. Find out which type of DVD writer would work best for you.
    You may want to start here
    That's a good link for my grandma but it doesn't answer my rental movie question. If it does, it's on page 6 and I couldn'tunderstand that anyway.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Just get any kind of NEC, Sony, or other major producer for that matter.

Alot of people have and like the NEC ND-2500A. Should prob go with that. I have a Sony DRU-510A.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    There are a lot of programs that rip DVDs, all you gotta do is rip it to mpeg2 or avi ointo your computer, then when you are ready encode it to mpeg2 and burn it using nero or something.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Check out this dvd to dvdr guide. Any DVD writer can do it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    muchspl2
    I got a 2510a its already dl capable, but you could save 10 bucks and just get a 2500

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@8 July 2004 - 12:13
    There are a lot of programs that rip DVDs, all you gotta do is rip it to mpeg2 or avi ointo your computer, then when you are ready encode it to mpeg2 and burn it using nero or something.
    I've been doing that for awhile(vcd's, etc) and I'm sick of it. I just want a good DVD burner that I can burn things with quickly and hassle free. Don't need the cheapest one either. I will pay a couple extra bucks for a quality product.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Will all of these models that you guys are recommending, burn a movie from a rental company such as blockbuster or hollywood video?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast